Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Perks flying in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Perks flying in Business Class

What are some lesser known perks/benefits of flying in Biz Class outside of the plane? Noticed that some airports offer fast track going through immigration and security screening but didn't realize it until it was too late and end up waiting through the regular lines... anyone know what airports/airlines offer this and how can I stay on top of these things?

Any other general recommendations from more experienced flyers appreciated!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ThisFunGuy
What are some lesser known perks/benefits of flying in Biz Class outside of the plane? Noticed that some airports offer fast track going through immigration and security screening but didn't realize it until it was too late and end up waiting through the regular lines... anyone know what airports/airlines offer this and how can I stay on top of these things?

Unfortunately it's impossible to provide an easy answer since the availability of special security and/or immigration and/or custom lines varies by country, airport, operating airline and in some cases even time of day and/or terminal/concourse.

In terms of ground experience, the perks that may be available / to watch out for are:

before the flight:

- priority check-in
- priority security
- priority exit immigration (where applicable)
- lounge access
- priority boarding
- boarding directly from the lounge (very few airports/airlines)
- dedicated bus for business class passengers where flights depart from / arrive at remote stands

upon arrival:

- priority immigration line
- priority delivery of checked baggage, and dedicated/separate baggage carousel in some cases (very few airlines/airports)
- priority customs line
- arrival lounge

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jun 20, 2019 at 12:26 am
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
upon arrival:

- priority customs line
- arrival lounge
Plus priority baggage, assuming they actually bring it out first.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YEG USER

Plus priority baggage, assuming they actually bring it out first.
Fair point. Usually nothing to "watch out for" since it's outside the passenger's control, though a few airports/airlines have dedicated baggage carousels for premium cabin pax.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:12 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jasper2009

before the flight:

- dedicated bus for business class passengers where flights depart from / arrive at remote stands

upon arrival:

- priority delivery of checked baggage, and dedicated/separate baggage carousel in some cases (very few airlines/airports)
- priority customs line
- arrival lounge
IMHO dedicated bus happens more frequently on arrival (as logistically it is easier to provide one). I recall only LO in WAW and (sometimes) CA in PEK actually offer a dedicated bus service on (apron) departure.

Just my 2 (Canadian) cents
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AC SE, Shangri-La & IHG Diamond, & Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

Hi ThisFunGuy. Are you Kwahi? LOL

If you want more information on airports offering FAST TRACK and/or Priority Screening if your on Business Class, go here: https://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-track

Just click on Security and Immigration tab and enter your destination airport code.

If you pay Business Class and flying outside NA, the AC Signature Lounge in YYZ is amazing! Beef Cheeks and Sablefish is delicious! Also AC Concierge comes in handy when you need an extra hand, like missing your valuable things on the plane.

If your taking domestic flights in China, you will hop on a private bus that'll take you to your plane. It is a zoo in regular bus.

You are literally first in first out and comes in handy when you are running to meetings.

Hope this helps.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The biggest perk is a comfortable seat/bed compared to being scrunched in coach.

As for the small business class passenger bus in China, I’d rather take the regular bus as at least I can stand up comfortably. The small bus has tiny seats and very little legroom which makes it intolerable when packed.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Gold
In addition to the benefits others have listed, I like the following perks that are very subjective.

-Relaxing in a larger seat in a quieter cabin with my bag stowed and drinking a PDB, while everyone else is frantically trying to find overhead space and struggling down the aisle to the back of the plane.
-Never that far from the lavatory, I like not having to walk past 20 rows to get there. The lavatory generally gets less use so it is often cleaner.
-Getting off the plane first. I don't like being in the back of the plane and waiting 20 minutes or longer to get off the plane.
-Small point, but I don't like drinking out of plastic cups because they smell weird. Which probably qualifies as a least substantive thing to complain about.

It all adds up to a more pleasurable experience when flying.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AA_ORDlady
In addition to the benefits others have listed, I like the following perks that are very subjective.

-Relaxing in a larger seat in a quieter cabin with my bag stowed and drinking a PDB, while everyone else is frantically trying to find overhead space and struggling down the aisle to the back of the plane.
-Never that far from the lavatory, I like not having to walk past 20 rows to get there. The lavatory generally gets less use so it is often cleaner.
-Getting off the plane first. I don't like being in the back of the plane and waiting 20 minutes or longer to get off the plane.
-Small point, but I don't like drinking out of plastic cups because they smell weird. Which probably qualifies as a least substantive thing to complain about.

It all adds up to a more pleasurable experience when flying.
The question was "outside the plane"
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The question was "outside the plane"
There's another big advantage he does not have to fly outside the plane at all.

It would be useful to know where he plans to go, presumably on AC, as YYZ-YVR on a 321 is not a huge deal vs. YYZ-FRA. Lounge and board first.

It would be so nice if priority baggage actually meant that other than CX arriving in HKG.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Does the ability to post obnoxious posts on social media about being in "first class" count as a perk?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by marke190
Does the ability to post obnoxious posts on social media about being in "first class" count as a perk?
absolutely. also being allowed to use the terms gate lice, peasants, and others
marke190 and Dolphin2 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Just to piggyback on this post...
SYD-YVR, then YVR to SAN
90 minute transition. US citizens, checked and carry on luggage. On one reservation. We get off plane in YVR then "rush" to what (signage), where, and do we have special processing? Business class.
Feb 2020, a Friday and arriving on a 77L @7:30am at Term M, departing CR9 Air Canada express jazz at 9am, also Term M. Tell me time is fine, and any special treatment I am do to insure that is so.
Thank you, I know it is too soon to depend on the times.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: HH Silver
What are some lesser known perks/benefits of flying in Biz Class outside of the plane?
Are you meaning Air Canada business class specifically or all airlines business class in general?
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ranles
Just to piggyback on this post...
SYD-YVR, then YVR to SAN
90 minute transition. US citizens, checked and carry on luggage. On one reservation. We get off plane in YVR then "rush" to what (signage), where, and do we have special processing? Business class.
Feb 2020, a Friday and arriving on a 77L @7:30am at Term M, departing CR9 Air Canada express jazz at 9am, also Term M. Tell me time is fine, and any special treatment I am do to insure that is so.
Thank you, I know it is too soon to depend on the times.
​​​​​​
Follow signs for US connections. I wouldn't worry about rushing unless there's a delay.

You don't need to do anything with your checked bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.