Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada High Volume Flights out of Toronto

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada

Hey Everyone,

I have a good friend who is employed by AC and has offered a buddy pass for me to use with them to a destination of my liking. Given the fact you have to fly standby I have heard that while flying on these buddy passes if the flight is oversold you will be SOL.

Is there a listing or a way for me to find out the high availability flight destinations out of Toronto outside of North America? I would want to fly somewhere that has min 3 flights a day just to ensure I don't get stuck in a destination! Advice appreciated!! thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by scandalous42
Hey Everyone,

I have a good friend who is employed by AC and has offered a buddy pass for me to use with them to a destination of my liking. Given the fact you have to fly standby I have heard that while flying on these buddy passes if the flight is oversold you will be SOL.

Is there a listing or a way for me to find out the high availability flight destinations out of Toronto outside of North America? I would want to fly somewhere that has min 3 flights a day just to ensure I don't get stuck in a destination! Advice appreciated!! thanks!
Is there anywhere AC flies outside of NA 3 x a day? LHR maybe? Certainly nowhere else. That aside, use Expert Flyer.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Was your buddy "Caption Cooll?"
etkuo, Twickenham, m.y and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:09 pm

You’re taking the wrong approach. I also have a friend who is a AC employee. Sadly, I have no buddy passes.

I’m unsure if buddy pass talk is appropriate for FT. But in general, be flexible in your destinations. Your friend should have the ability to check loads on any AC flight (better than EF, they can see actual number of seats physically sold vs available) as well as (IIRC) the number of employees on standby for that flight. Pick a timeframe you want to go somewhere and a destination and book the flight. If loads fill up, choose a different destination with lower loads and go there instead.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
LHR and TYO come to mind. Does FRA have 3?

CDG has 2xYYZ and 1xYUL right?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
In high season YYZFRA goes twice a day on AC metal plus once on LH (which I imagine can't be used on a buddy pass). YULFRA gets one flight each on AC and LH.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow

CDG has 2xYYZ and 1xYUL right?
CDG has 1xYYZ and 1xYUL.

I am pretty sure the only answer on AC metal is LHR.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you're not willing to connect, LHR is the only option. But AC operates 3+ to several destinations from Canada.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Sometimes the issue is not Hub to Destination flight, but the connecting flight. Try;
1. YYZ-HKG: Technically 2 flights, but with the feeders, there are 8 departures.
2. YYZ-CDG Technically 2 flights, but with feeders, 10+ departures.
LHR and TYO flights have been mentioned.

Fly on a non busy day and improve your chances of snatching a freebie.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
CDG has 1xYYZ and 1xYUL.

I am pretty sure the only answer on AC metal is LHR.
YUL is 2X... AC884 and AC2400 (operated by QR for about a month in replacement of AC870).
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Agree buddy pass questions are totally inappropriate for this public form.

That being said, to answer the publicly available question, the only international destination served out of YYZ that has at least three daily departures is LHR, which is typically 4 daily (1 daytimer and 3 evening departures).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.