Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Confirm upgrade in PE and waitlist for J

Question: Confirm upgrade in PE and waitlist for J

Old Jun 14, 19, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Confirm upgrade in PE and waitlist for J

I'm looking to use eupgrades on a 777 next week. I can confirm upgrade right now in PE but if I put in for an upgrade to J, I'd be waitlisted. Is it possible to do the confirmed PE upgrade and still waitlist for a J upgrade?
Old Jun 14, 19, 7:41 pm

Programs: AC SE*100K
Originally Posted by j_the_p View Post
I'm looking to use eupgrades on a 777 next week. I can confirm upgrade right now in PE but if I put in for an upgrade to J, I'd be waitlisted. Is it possible to do the confirmed PE upgrade and still waitlist for a J upgrade?
I believe the answer to this is no. Certainly not if you do it online anyway.
canadiancow and j_the_p like this.
Old Jun 14, 19, 9:54 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Unfortunately the AC system is incapable of handling two upgrade requests for the same flight.

The only workaround is to cancel your upgrade request (subject to your original Y booking class still being available), requesting an upgrade to J and then automatically being placed on the PE upgrade list should your upgrade to J not clear.

However, I would only do this if (1) the odds of the J upgrade clearing were decent and (2) the odds of the upgrade to PE clearing at the airport were close to 100%
j_the_p likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: