FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Unexplained small refund from AC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1973831-unexplained-small-refund-ac.html)

WaytoomuchEurope Jun 13, 2019 5:59 am

Unexplained small refund from AC

Yesterday I received a random credit to my card of <$100. I don't know why. I have also had some unexplained generosity in other areas.

Strange to receive no communication from AC as to why I'm getting a refund/credit.

2 questions: 1. Has anyone had experience with this and able to link it to a reason? 2. Any chance this is related to on board compensation forms? (Highly doubt this but thought I'd put it out there)

ffsim Jun 13, 2019 6:27 am

I've received unannounced refunds after clearing an upgrade for stuff like preferred seats, but I've never received eUps in those cases. I wonder if you received an op-up on a flight for which you had requested an eUpgrade...

YVRtoYYZ Jun 13, 2019 6:31 am

Deleted

Jagboi Jun 13, 2019 11:34 am

Seat selection fee is my guess.

jc94 Jun 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 31199377)
Seat selection fee is my guess.

That's what I'd guess too. With another airline that's the first I knew I no longer had preferred seats, mind you with AC I got kicked out of them and had to go request a refund post flight. Admittedly was a while ago.
For an eUp and preferred seats however it's been instant, but then I also got an email.

OP: Check all your upcoming flights. Or just call AC ... Maybe check your spam folder too for any missed emails, or maybe AC will send one in a while.

hydrogen Jun 13, 2019 2:04 pm

I got this once. It was because I up-fared a ticket from Tango to Flex. I thought the up-fare price I paid was more than it was supposed to be when I calculated the fare difference using Matrix.

There was a couple week delay between the time I up-fared and got the automatic refund email.

SparseFlyer Jun 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31198330)
Yesterday I received a random credit to my card of <$100. I don't know why. I have also had some unexplained generosity in other areas.

Strange to receive no communication from AC as to why I'm getting a refund/credit.

2 questions: 1. Has anyone had experience with this and able to link it to a reason? 2. Any chance this is related to on board compensation forms? (Highly doubt this but thought I'd put it out there)

Did you make any ticket exchanges not too long ago, and what was it?

WaytoomuchEurope Jun 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer (Post 31200336)
Did you make any ticket exchanges not too long ago, and what was it?

I changed return date on my last trip. That must be it. Good call. They initially tried to charge me a fare difference and I pointed out that there wasn’t one. Guess I was wrong; slight adjustment in my favour.

Nothing to do with seat selection for sure. That’s a free benefit for me anyway. Also I buy almost all Y and O fares.

SparseFlyer Jun 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Can happen, especially when there are changes in taxes. Taxes only reimbursed on a deferred basis.