Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

016 ticket on United, canceled, rebooked on Delta, Can I credit to Altitude/Aeroplan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

016 ticket on United, canceled, rebooked on Delta, Can I credit to Altitude/Aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:26 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by royal757
Can you guys believe my request was denied because I did not provide a scan of my boarding pass? I mean what in the world.. I had a mobile boarding pass. Am I suppose to screenshot it and re-do the request again?

I feel like the people who handle these requests are lazy
Could be time to talk to UA? It's not about being lazy, just Aeroplan has no way of confirming your requested.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by 5mm
Could be time to talk to UA? It's not about being lazy, just Aeroplan has no way of confirming your requested.
Wpg, Talk to UA about what?

I agree they are not lazy, they are just following a checklist their bosses gave them.. No boarding pass, no credit.

Can you guys believe my request was denied because I did not provide a scan of my boarding pass? I mean what in the world.. I had a mobile boarding pass. Am I suppose to screenshot it and re-do the request again?

That should work if you still have It.​​​​​​
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Wpg, Talk to UA about what?

I agree they are not lazy, they are just following a checklist their bosses gave them.. No boarding pass, no credit.

That should work if you still have It.​​​​​​

just re-emailed [email protected] with my boarding pass and the same email I originally wrote to them.

called United, nothing they can do if it's credit to Aeroplan. but they said AC should clearly honor what I paid for, the ticket shows "INVOLUNTARY CHANGE".

I don't why it is so, so sooo complicated with aeroplan. Oh well .. here goes another week of waiting.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just re-emailed [email protected] with my boarding pass and the same email I originally wrote to them.

called United, nothing they can do if it's credit to Aeroplan. but they said AC should clearly honor what I paid for, the ticket shows "INVOLUNTARY CHANGE".

I don't why it is so, so sooo complicated with aeroplan. Oh well .. here goes another week of waiting.
It should work as long as you submitted the checklist.

There is nothing United could do here as you 've found out. This is entirely on Aeroplan. Sorry you got bad advice and wasted time calling them
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards

It's cowpatty reasons like this given by Aeroplan that make me stick to paper boarding passes religiously. I would prefer not to, but...
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D404
It's cowpatty reasons like this given by Aeroplan that make me stick to paper boarding passes religiously. I would prefer not to, but...
Guys I am wondering if this is a joke on Aeroplan's part ... received the same denial email. But how can this be? Are they even reading what we send them? I sent them everything (and more) that they asked.

I tried calling and hung up after 1hour on wait time.

quantumofforce likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

just spent an hour on the phone with Aeroplan, "because this flight had to be entered manually and it's an IROP we can't add it to the AQS but we can get you the AQM. If ever you are short on segments call us and we'll review your account next year"

No but .. seriously ... this is legal? I have to do all the leg work, I have to call in, I have to write the emails, I have to chase them.

I'm a regional flyer, I don't do international so segments are what I count on. And now they want me to get lost and I had to battle aeroplan for 166 AQM which I don't care, but I need the AQS to show. Guys really, can anyone on here help me? This is so frustrating.

Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guys really, can anyone on here help me? This is so frustrating.
Make sure to save the emails/conversations where they said they would reconsider at the end of the year (not that I would count on this)

Next year, reconsider your choice of carriers for your work flights.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
just spent an hour on the phone with Aeroplan, "because this flight had to be entered manually and it's an IROP we can't add it to the AQS but we can get you the AQM. If ever you are short on segments call us and we'll review your account next year"
This is a lie. I've had them add AQS+AQM for original routing in the past.

So, pick one:
  1. They just straight up lied to you because it's a pain in the butt for them to do.
  2. They're incompetent an don't know how or that you can.
  3. There is a new IT limitation that didn't exist before, for likely very poor reasons.
  4. All of the above.
Sorry for your troubles, OP. :/
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE
I have been served a similar story by AE agents in 2017 after requesting original routing credit. They told me the mileage would post as expected - and it eventually did - but that the missing AQS would post in January 2018 - and it never did. I did not bother to chase them for the missing AQS given that I had very little hope of prevailing and had no need for a handful of AQS at the time but I remember thinking that this was a very odd reply on the part of AE.

So it seem like my story, or yours, is not unique.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.