Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Amazing Aeroplan success to Melbourne - all J class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amazing Aeroplan success to Melbourne - all J class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by YVR72
So, what would I do to investigate this “carrier surcharge” I’m paying?
Call and ask. They will most likely lie to you anyway because they will have no idea. Aeroplan merely passes along what AC tells them to charge.

Tell them straight up that the surcharge on YVR-MEL is $25, and TPE-YVR is $51 on the same dates if bought from AC direct.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:13 pm

I just booked a very similar routing on J and was charged almost the same YQ scam fee. Spoke with the agent and then the supervisor to no avail. They said they have to take what the system gives them as the fuel surcharge.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by tajee165

I believe Australia has really strong regulations on YQ and in my searches, my surcharge wasn’t limited to $15. Having a stopover in Australia should eliminate YQ on the return leg so I’m assuming $900 YQ was all on the YVR-MEL leg?
Whatever gave you that idea? QF have some of the world's highest YQ rip offs, no matter where the flight originates.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
Whatever gave you that idea? QF have some of the world's highest YQ rip offs, no matter where the flight originates.
Perhaps just Aeroplan departing Australia then? I booked a MEL-YVR flight and it only had $15 YQ.

Also, see attached for MEL-YVR.

Apologies, as I’m not familiar with QF... didn’t realize they had high YQ departing Australia.

Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Aeroplan is supposed to pass on the YQ charged by the operating carrier. This is not the case here.

This is Air Canada charging random YQ that is irrelevant to the YQ on this route. And its on their own metal!

Originally Posted by hitek0007
I just booked a very similar routing on J and was charged almost the same YQ scam fee. Spoke with the agent and then the supervisor to no avail. They said they have to take what the system gives them as the fuel surcharge.
Which makes sense, since Aeroplan is just an agent, and charges whatever AC, who issues the ticket, tells them to.
Consistent with the Aeroplan statement that they only charge what the ticketing carrier tells them to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.