Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Good news for people who may have lost an adult toy on an AC flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news for people who may have lost an adult toy on an AC flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
As with laptops, and other electronic devices, these should be stowed for takeoff and landing.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally
As with laptops, and other electronic devices, these should be stowed for takeoff and landing.
Happy landing, hard landing, or both?
D582 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Where are you proposing that they be stowed? Perhaps in the hangar.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Amelorn
I was worried that someone somewhere might not be reunited with his/her Sybian.
Lol or a fleshlight!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Third option, they keep finding the darn things on flights and want ensure the rightful owner is able to retrieve them with minimal embarrassment (ie direct human interaction). Though if one is utilizing and losing said items on flights, embarrassment likely is a pretty high threshold.
Unless your item is in mega bucks territory, I think I'd rather my toys stay lost!!

This is the reason I never travel with anything buzzy, latex ir banana shaped!!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I have friends who bring their comfort dildos and virbrators with them onto AC flights.
They say it reduces their anxiety on board, especially during rough, rough turbulence.
How dare they.

They say that the best way to not lose them is to immediately put them back into your carry on once you don't need them anymore.

Truly a pro Tip.
D582 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I have friends who bring their comfort dildos and virbrators with them onto AC flights.
They say it reduces their anxiety on board, especially during rough, rough turbulence.
How dare they.

They say that the best way to not lose them is to immediately put them back into your carry on once you don't need them anymore.

Truly a pro Tip.
I can understand losing one in a lounge shower. I left some medical stuff in YYZ TB once. Not because I used it (though I'd argue that would be a bit more appropriate than an adult toy), but because I pulled it out of my bag while I was fetching clothes. Put it on the counter and didn't notice it later. But I wasn't too embarrassed to send the concierge an email

I could see losing an adult toy on board for similar reasons. You pull it out of your bag to reach something else.

I know the pods are semi-private, but there's a limit to what I'm willing to do in one, and I think I've reached that limit when I changed out of my pyjamas when all the lavs were consistently occupied from 30k feet down to 8k.
canolakid and D582 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
This could be a dangerous thing. Keep in mind that there are some AC destinations where these products are illegal. What happens if it is lost on a direct flight to one of these destinations? The most obvious destination is UAE, but people may be surprised to know that such items if phallic shaped are illegal in India. Vietnam makes these products illegal to bring in as well, but they just confiscate the items. Now let's say, a person lost it on a trip that included travel with an AC code share like a TG flight. That could get messy. Sex toys are illegal in Thailand. The country that has the Sodom & Gomorrah cities of Pattaya and Patong makes it illegal to bring in, purchase, or possess sex toys. In 2018 after a number of visitors were detained and fined for having such items in their luggage, Salinee Chumsawan, Director of the Office of Culture Monitoring at the Thailand Ministry of Culture was obliged to remind visitors that sex toys are an affront to Thai cultural norms .
Conceivably, if following up on a lost sex toy, AC could unintentionally facilitate the incarceration and punishment of a sex toy holder. For example, Johnny from Arnprior is off to visit his pals in Dubai, and misplaces his instrument of delight. He reports the missing item. Walid the baggage contractor in Dubai dutifully locates the item, but reports the case to the police. The police take the item to Johnny at his hotel and confirm that it is his. They then arrest and charge him for moral depravity. What then? I don't think western international travelers are aware of the international restrictions. Perhaps Air Canada needs to post a warning before we read about some poor fool being held in a foreign prison for possession of a sex toy and blaming the airline.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by yyznomad
How dare they.

Truly a pro Tip.
How do they avoid the buzzing sound ?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HMPS
How do they avoid the buzzing sound ?
They don't
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
I can’t seem to find a regulation that expressly prohibits the stowage of carry-on items inside your person.
HMPS and canadiancow like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
This could be a dangerous thing. Keep in mind that there are some AC destinations where these products are illegal. What happens if it is lost on a direct flight to one of these destinations? The most obvious destination is UAE, but people may be surprised to know that such items if phallic shaped are illegal in India. Vietnam makes these products illegal to bring in as well, but they just confiscate the items. Now let's say, a person lost it on a trip that included travel with an AC code share like a TG flight. That could get messy. Sex toys are illegal in Thailand. The country that has the Sodom & Gomorrah cities of Pattaya and Patong makes it illegal to bring in, purchase, or possess sex toys. In 2018 after a number of visitors were detained and fined for having such items in their luggage, Salinee Chumsawan, Director of the Office of Culture Monitoring at the Thailand Ministry of Culture was obliged to remind visitors that sex toys are an affront to Thai cultural norms .
Conceivably, if following up on a lost sex toy, AC could unintentionally facilitate the incarceration and punishment of a sex toy holder. For example, Johnny from Arnprior is off to visit his pals in Dubai, and misplaces his instrument of delight. He reports the missing item. Walid the baggage contractor in Dubai dutifully locates the item, but reports the case to the police. The police take the item to Johnny at his hotel and confirm that it is his. They then arrest and charge him for moral depravity. What then? I don't think western international travelers are aware of the international restrictions. Perhaps Air Canada needs to post a warning before we read about some poor fool being held in a foreign prison for possession of a sex toy and blaming the airline.
This is indeed scary. Bangkok eh ?

Phallic symbol in India gets you in trouble ? OMG, the God Sjva is depicted in a Shivling, Shive the God and ling the phallus. And it is shaped like a phallus. Hundreds of thousands tre up to heights in the Himalayas to worship a Shivling made naturally of ice !
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
This subject matter has motivated me to see if I should carry with me a "regular" comfort dildo, and leave it at the CATSA security area and see what happens. Many airports have an area right after security where one can stop and view the excitement of the security screening. If I am going to invest in such an experiment I like to be able to witness what happens.

So now I need to get a hat, sunglasses and buy one in another city from where I live! OH wait I can do it online and use a different name!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HMPS
This is indeed scary. Bangkok eh ?

Phallic symbol in India gets you in trouble ? OMG, the God Sjva is depicted in a Shivling, Shive the God and ling the phallus. And it is shaped like a phallus. Hundreds of thousands tre up to heights in the Himalayas to worship a Shivling made naturally of ice !
Protecting their home market presumably?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: Free Agent
next level #ACGlamping ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.