Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Change of Itinerary on Flight Pass to LH operated AC codeshare flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: E75K

Just had a change of itinerary on a West Can-Euro Flight Pass where I was going MUC-YYZ-YVR and now I am going MUC-YVR. It's great that it's non-stop, but now it's a codeshare and I don't have a seat reserved anymore and cannot upgrade. It's booked in Y yet some places say it is Flex while some other places say it's Latitude, but cannot upgrade anywhere on LH or AC website.

Anyone had experience with this?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by thaddaeus
Just had a change of itinerary on a West Can-Euro Flight Pass where I was going MUC-YYZ-YVR and now I am going MUC-YVR. It's great that it's non-stop, but now it's a codeshare and I don't have a seat reserved anymore and cannot upgrade. It's booked in Y yet some places say it is Flex while some other places say it's Latitude, but cannot upgrade anywhere on LH or AC website.

Anyone had experience with this?
never! Reason for change? Cancel and rebook? We’re you originally already upgraded? Assuming Lat FP?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@thaddaeus

Being a purchaser of dozens of Latitude Can-Europe FPs, I have never seen anything like this... although ever since the 7M8 issues started, people here have reported having their AC TATL in to Germany flights being replaced by LH metal. Not sure if that's a coincidence.

As per @visitor, more details please.

The "some places" you mentioned... I'm assuming on the AC website at least... and where else?

When you say you can't upgrade on the LH and AC websites, are you referring to bidding or upfaring or other?

If you didn't know, you can't use eupgrades on a non-AC flight. Do you have status with AC? What is your status, if any?

Did you call AC yet? What did they say? Can you see if the original flights you booked on the FP still exist? What were your original flights and dates and which flight did it get changed to?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:39 pm

Wow. I would be seriously pissed if they start messing around with FP like this. Can't wait to hear the details.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:30 am
Original Poster

AC says it’s due to 7M8 being grounded. Not sure how that plays into it since IIRC I specifically chose flights with 77L. Oh well. It’s nonstop but I lose out on ~1K miles and MM miles.

Could only do a cash upgrade to PY. Plane is booked to the brim. Holiday time in Germany. I meant any kind of upgrade.

Original flight is no longer on the FP. FP shows LH flight. Original flight was AC847 & AC123 on 9 Jun. Changed to LH476/AC9433; same day.

@yyznomad do you find Latitude WCan-Euro FPs worth it over Flex? If so, why?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
AC says it’s due to 7M8 being grounded. Not sure how that plays into it since IIRC I specifically chose flights with 77L. Oh well. It’s nonstop but I lose out on ~1K miles and MM miles.

Could only do a cash upgrade to PY. Plane is booked to the brim. Holiday time in Germany. I meant any kind of upgrade.

Original flight is no longer on the FP. FP shows LH flight. Original flight was AC847 & AC123 on 9 Jun. Changed to LH476/AC9433; same day.

@yyznomad do you find Latitude WCan-Euro FPs worth it over Flex? If so, why?
If you have the required number of upgrades (66 total or 11 per one way) then the Latitude WCan-Euro flight passes gives you 3 round trips in business for about 9K (or 3K per round trip/1.5K per one way). That’s often the cost of PE, especially in high season, so it’s pretty good value.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi

If you have the required number of upgrades (66 total or 11 per one way) then the Latitude WCan-Euro flight passes gives you 3 round trips in business for about 9K (or 3K per round trip/1.5K per one way). That’s often the cost of PE, especially in high season, so it’s pretty good value.
Ah I see. If you don't have the eUps, is it possible to upgrade through Aeroplan?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi

I used to think that way. However my flying often takes me to places where AC does not go, and adding extra tickets would often take me closer to P fares, and then there is the 125% vs. 140% qualifying miles, and I typically stop flying at 100k miles... But what really turned me away from Europe Latitude passes was when they cancelled a confirmed upgrade and were adamant they would only rebook me (last minute) under the pass conditions, i.e. no LH leg within Europe. Which I suspect is in violation of the tariffs.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Ah I see. If you don't have the eUps, is it possible to upgrade through Aeroplan?
You mean Star Alliance Upgrade Awards?
https://www.aeroplan.com/saua/Upgrade.do
Requires the booking class Y, B or O to upgrade to Business.
Did you determine what booking class this was?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet
You mean Star Alliance Upgrade Awards?
https://www.aeroplan.com/saua/Upgrade.do
Requires the booking class Y, B or O to upgrade to Business.
Did you determine what booking class this was?
Europe Latitude passes are supposed to book in Y.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
OP was not clear whether this was Latitude or Flex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.