Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Contract Lounge KEF Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Contract Lounge KEF Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Contract Lounge KEF Airport

Does anyone know if AC has a contract lounge in KEF Airport? Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Star Alliance Lounge finder says Saga Lounge has access for *A status holders.. Have not been there so cannot comment further.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by mapleg
Star Alliance Lounge finder says Saga Lounge has access for *A status holders.. Have not been there so cannot comment further.
Oh ok. When i searched it earlier, it said only for lufthansa and united. not too sure if AC is include.

Was hoping if someone here has real life experience in KEF
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by supatight80
Oh ok. When i searched it earlier, it said only for lufthansa and united. not too sure if AC is include.

Was hoping if someone here has real life experience in KEF
On the lounge? It's limited. Unfortunately didn't take photos. Had a variety of snacks, was clean and quiet - think UC club offerings but much quieter, cleaner and looked nice. This was 5 years ago however.
However, I was not flying *A so can't comment on access requirements. I would ask AC via social media, but even if they say yes YMMW on actually getting in.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
OP, if you do get more info on *A access, please post. i'm flying through there in a few months as well and am curious.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is KEF served by J, or just PY?

Does AC contract lounge access at any airports that don't have AC J?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:15 pm

Premium Rouge at the moment.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
The lounge is, I believe, remodeled/expanded in the last couple of years. I spent a couple of hours there in April before a LH flight to Frankfurt. In
the late morning, the lounge was virtually empty, and there was a nice selection of food and drink. Definitely enough to make a meal of it, which is a
money saver in Iceland. The lounge is huge and has great views.

It's located in the Schengen part of the airport, so if you are on an international flight you'll have to allow extra time to go through passport control,
which is located almost directly across from the lounge.

As for access, I was *G flying on LH, and I believe they let me in with a boarding pass scan, which was interesting, since the Saga Lounge entry
criteria on their website does not specify access for *G per se. I think the question of whether AC has a contract with them is the right one. You
can always stop in on your inbound and check with them to be sure.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by shoeflyer
As for access, I was *G flying on LH, and I believe they let me in with a boarding pass scan, which was interesting, since the Saga Lounge entry
criteria on their website does not specify access for *G per se. I think the question of whether AC has a contract with them is the right one. You
can always stop in on your inbound and check with them to be sure.
Were you Y *G or C *G?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Great point about location. I left real late and almost missed my flight because immigration got on a mood about why I was flying (one way) to Canada.

If there had been a queue... So leave some time to clear immigration and get to the gate.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

will do. departing from KEF this weekend
karenkay likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:30 pm

Many moons ago I visited Saga Lounge on SAS J-ticket so I imagine you'll have no issue
Make sure you try the reindeer meat (if still available !)
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:02 am
Original Poster

KEF Airport Lounge - NO go with AC

Nope. no go with AC, regardless of what status you have. I guess coz there is no J cabin. only PY or Y
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by shoeflyer
You can always stop in on your inbound and check with them to be sure.
I assume this is only true for arrivals from Schengen countries?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
it was Schengen, but I think the portal for clearing immigration is both inbound and outbound,
so you would be right next to the lounge after you clear. Since I came in Schengen, not 100%
sure.

yyznomad's question: I was Y*G, perhaps less of a question now that OP has confirmed no AC
access at all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.