Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ mini-DO followed by optional Jays game Monday July 22

Old May 31, 19, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Is there any interest in having a baseball mini-DO when I'm in Toronto on July 22? I'm thinking supper somewhere downtown and then head to the Jays game against Cleveland.

I'm open for input on where to eat, since I don't know the city. I'd also like input on where to sit, though I hope to get an aisle seat since I'm a big guy. The last time I saw the Jays live was in Exhibition stadium.
Old May 31, 19, 8:13 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by smallmj View Post
Is there any interest in having a baseball mini-DO when I'm in Toronto on July 22? I'm thinking supper somewhere downtown and then head to the Jays game against Cleveland.

I'm open for input on where to eat, since I don't know the city. I'd also like input on where to sit, though I hope to get an aisle seat since I'm a big guy. The last time I saw the Jays live was in Exhibition stadium.
For those wondering this is a Monday night, and a 7:07pm game. Hard for me to commit to that at this time. I might come for dinner though but youd likely want to start that 5:30 at the latest. Our standard Jersey Giant is only 20 mins walk away.

Union Chicken/WVRST etc are 10 mins.
Old May 31, 19, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
If it's in the 100/200 level nosebleeds then I'll definitely consider the game. Otherwise I could possibly meet up for the food portion of the DO prior to the game, assuming their might be prior eats.
Old May 31, 19, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
If it's in the 100/200 level nosebleeds then I'll definitely consider the game.
Are you saying that you want to sit in the 500 level? I was thinking 100 or 200 behind the infield, but if there is a consensus to sit elsewhere then that's fine with me.
Old May 31, 19, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Are you saying that you want to sit in the 500 level? I was thinking 100 or 200 behind the infield, but if there is a consensus to sit elsewhere then that's fine with me.
I'm saying I want to sit in 100 or 200 but I might only be able to afford 500. (on a tight budget at the moment but that could change by then!)
Old May 31, 19, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, National , Nexus/GE
I would be interested as I am a Jays fan. Been to only five games this season with two more scheduled in ten days.
Old Jun 7, 19, 11:15 am
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AE Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat AMB
I'd like to join but can't commit.

Might I suggest combining the two. The Sportsnet Grill at the Skydome/Renaissance/Marriott has views overlooking 400 level (right?) outfield. The food is roughly equivalent to the Jersey Giant and credit card charges come through as a Marriott hotel spend for Amex bonus purposes.

The only downside is there's a minimum spend of $50 IIRC per person if you want a table against the windows. Not hard to hit in a 3 hour game but prohibitive for just stopping in.
Old Jun 18, 19, 6:19 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
the 200 level seats are Okay, better sight lines in the 200 level seats. SportsNet grill in the Marriott at the dome is good.

Last edited by Jiatong; Jun 18, 19 at 7:23 am Reason: spl
Old Jul 8, 19, 6:33 am
Original Poster

It is now T-14 days. Is it too early to start firming up some plans if anybody is interested? I'm perfectly happy for people to come only to supper.

I'd just like to meet some of the AC FT community and catch my first game since September 1987.
Old Jul 8, 19, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is now T-14 days. Is it too early to start firming up some plans if anybody is interested? I'm perfectly happy for people to come only to supper.

I'd just like to meet some of the AC FT community and catch my first game since September 1987.
No, it's not too early.
We should start to firm up dinner plans at the very least.
Old Jul 8, 19, 10:43 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, National , Nexus/GE
I was just in Toronto with my son for the annual Blue Jays Canada Day celebration. Always happy to return to Rogers for a Blue Jays game so I am still in.
Old Jul 8, 19, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So this will be your first time at SkyDome/Rogers Centre then. Sugoi.
Old Jul 8, 19, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
So this will be your first time at SkyDome/Rogers Centre then. Sugoi.
I saw it under construction from the CN Tower back in the day, but it will be my first time inside.
Old Jul 8, 19, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw it under construction from the CN Tower back in the day, but it will be my first time inside.
I was a teenager by the time I went to my first Jays game there in the early 90s... nothing much has changed much with the venue since then, IMHO.

Regarding the Do, probably best to separate the dinner location away from the Rogers Centre... just a suggestion.
Old Jul 8, 19, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
And now the future status of the stadium is uncertain...at least according to the news.

May I suggest signing up for a tour of the stadium as well, since it's your first visit? I think they offer tours on game-days (with evening games) in the early afternoon. And on other days as well, depending how long you're in town.

Enjoy the Do - I would have loved to join in to meet other FTers, but work will take me abroad that week.

Search this Thread