Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to use reduced Eupgrade credits on mixed PREM and BUS flights

Old May 27, 2019, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond

Im flying LIS-YYZ-YXE - currently in FLEX. I wanted to upgrade these flights but the LIS-YYZ (premium rouge) segment shows me 11 credits and YYZ-YXE (business) shows 5. There is no reduction of credits for the entire itinerary because it is mixed between premium rouge and business. I got the same answer when I called in. Is this correct? I always thought if the entire itinerary was less than 5000 miles there was just one eupgrade credit requirement?
Old May 27, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by dinotoon
Im flying LIS-YYZ-YXE - currently in FLEX. I wanted to upgrade these flights but the LIS-YYZ (premium rouge) segment shows me 11 credits and YYZ-YXE (business) shows 5. There is no reduction of credits for the entire itinerary because it is mixed between premium rouge and business. I got the same answer when I called in. Is this correct? I always thought if the entire itinerary was less than 5000 miles there was just one eupgrade credit requirement?
LIS-YYZ counts as premium economy, while your domestic connection counts as business. It only counts as one eUp cost if you were in the same cabin, and for whatever reason AC deems that Premium Rouge is PE and your YYZ-YXE has no PE so you have to pay an additional eUp cost to sit up front. Not saying it makes sense, but that is how the eUp system works at the moment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.