Rouge pop up @Eaton Centre

Old May 24, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Rouge pop up @Eaton Centre

Just visited a pop up shop promoting all the "features" of Rouge while walking through Toronto's Eaton Centre. There are several rooms one walks through highlighting such things as wifi, streaming movies, the widest seat in economy, food from Freshee and 70 destinations. There's a contest for a pair of tickets anywhere AC/Rlouge flies if you post selfies of yourself on the Rouge Instagram site. Not sure how long it will be there but it's just off the main Queen Street street-level entrance by the escalators.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Shareholder
[...] the widest seat in economy[...]
wut
Old May 24, 2019, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I guess right across from AC's office is a good place to test out something like this before potentially rolling it out to more locations.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: HH Silver
https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...865730669.html

MONTREAL, May 24, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada Rouge will open an immersive and photo-ready pop-up on Friday, May 24 at the Toronto Eaton Centre to showcase its industry leading products through larger-than-life installations and multi-sensory rooms.

Visitors will be able to enjoy a range of experiences, including walking the 'Rouge' carpet in front of the cameras at their very own Hollywood movie premiere. They will also have a chance each day to win a pair of tickets to any one of the more than 70 destinations to which Air Canada Rouge flies around the world.

"The success of Air Canada Rouge over the past six years has been remarkable. We have continually enhanced our customer service since launching, including upgrades to our streaming in-flight entertainment system, installation of high-speed satellite internet, new onboard food options, including a partnership with Freshii, and an improved Premium Rouge cabin. To celebrate these achievements and our ongoing refinements we wanted through this pop-up to let people sample the fun customers on Air Canada Rouge experience during their holidays," said Andrew Shibata, Managing Director of Brand at Air Canada.

From its first flight on Canada Day 2013, Air Canada Rouge has made the world easier to reach by opening some of the most desirable destinations to leisure travelers with non-stop flights from across Canada. It has grown to over 50 aircraft from four, flown over 30 million customers, and added over 40 new destinations to the Air Canada network, including routes not served by any other carriers. In addition, it offers customers industry leading amenities such as complimentary entertainment, participation in Air Canada's loyalty program and, on transatlantic flights, complimentary checked baggage and meals. Most recently, Air Canada Rouge began offering new release movies on its streaming in-flight entertainment system, providing customers the latest Hollywood movies to add to the hundreds of hours of movies and TV programming already available, including HBO.

To showcase its successes, Air Canada Rouge has partnered with Echo Bay Media, an independent Canadian production company responsible for the award-winning Canadian travel show Departures. Fans of the show will recognize Echo Bay's impressive stylistic vistas in Air Canada Rouge's new online commercial capturing the excitement of travel.

The Air Canada Rouge pop-up runs from Friday, May 24 to Sunday, June 2 at the Eaton Centre in Toronto.

Pop-Up operating hours

Monday to Friday: 10:00am to 9:30pm
Saturday: 9:30am to 9:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I guess right across from AC's office is a good place to test out something like this before potentially rolling it out to more locations.
They certainly don't advertise that they have their Toronto marketing offices across Yonge on the NE corner. Several other major tenants are listed outside on a plinth but not AC.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They certainly don't advertise that they have their Toronto marketing offices across Yonge on the NE corner. Several other major tenants are listed outside on a plinth but not AC.
If a "marketing office" is what I think it is, they do a lot more than that in Toronto.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AC SE
Do they have seats set up with 29" pitch so you can practice crushing your knees against the seat in front of you?
Symmetre likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: AC 75K
They probably don't want people to think it's a city ticket office, or a complaint department.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
... the widest seat in economy ...
Are they also talking about having the tightest pitch in the industry? Or among the worst OTP?
gcashin likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Are they also talking about having the tightest pitch in the industry? Or among the worst OTP?
Or fares that are not really much different from mainline or WestJet.
Symmetre likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
the widest seat in economy
What a beautiful way to spin inheriting the A320 family and 767 aircraft types from AC.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
They should position the booth beside the elevator and run the ticket drawing there - squeeze 50 people in there and the last ones standing get free Rouge tix! That way you know they’re ready for the flight!
Old May 24, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
When I think of Rouge I think of my first year Marketing 101 ...... .... lipstick on a pig!
Old May 24, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If a "marketing office" is what I think it is, they do a lot more than that in Toronto.
OK the national marketing department. The main operations centre is across Dixon Road from the airport. Various maintenance and stores, flight training and cargo services are at YYZ proper. Not sure AC has a call centre in Toronto any more...used to back in the 60s when I worked there during my summer break from university. There used to be offices at Air Canada Place (now Scotia Place) but I believe these are the divisions that moved up to Queen E. How much of the Toronto Aeroplan staff/operations moved to AC I'm not sure about.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:57 pm

Yay! Got 15% coupon.

i see some Air Canada employees in the PATH network, so I assume they have downtown Toronto office as well?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.