Search

Flight change and seat fee?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Flight change and seat fee?

Hi,

My M-i-L, non status, infrequent traveller, booked YYT-YYZ-YVR-YXT, economy standard, paying the various seat selection fees. She needed to change travel dates so went through the Change my Booking process on ac.om, selected new flights and paid the change fee. However, she's now prompted to go through seat selection again which wants to charge her seat selection fees again. Surely these were already paid on the original ticket and shouldn't have to be paid again? Or are they forfeited due to the change in flight?

Appreciate any advice.

AX
Old May 23, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Its been a long time since I ever had to pay for seat selection. I'm sure you are entitled to get the fee refunded, but it might not happen automatically until after the day of travel... because reasons.

A call in is your best bet to override. I'm not sure if they can force a CC credit, but maybe easily within 24 hours.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:18 pm

The seat selection fees should be refunded. I have found the AC refund services form to be quite useful for things requests like this.

https://refundservices.business.cond...refunds/create

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.