Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Mobile Boarding Pass No Longer Showing 'Priority'?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K

For my AC825 flight tomorrow, I'm in J and see Zone 1, but the black 'Priority' bar above the QR code seems to be gone.

Is this a recent change? Think it was still there a ~10 days ago.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just looked at yesterday's BP and one from March and I have no idea what you're talking about
Old May 18, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
For my AC825 flight tomorrow, I'm in J and see Zone 1, but the black 'Priority' bar above the QR code seems to be gone.

Is this a recent change? Think it was still there a ~10 days ago.
Which mobile phone OS do you have? It's my understanding that the iOS, Android and Windows Phone applications are designed slightly differently.

-James
Old May 18, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Which mobile phone OS do you have? It's my understanding that the iOS, Android and Windows Phone applications are designed slightly differently.

-James
iOS

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just looked at yesterday's BP and one from March and I have no idea what you're talking about
Looking at old BPs won't work because they grey out the entire QR code. IIRC, while still active, the QR code square would have a black bar with white "PRIORITY" lettering above it. But maybe I'm making this up or confusing different airlines...
Old May 18, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
But this doesn't really matter does it, during boarding lol. Still have to be in the right line
Old May 18, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
I have screenshotted some of my Zone 1 iOS boarding passes. None of them have a tab/banner/bar at all or say Priority on them (these are the BPs inside the apple wallet)
Old May 18, 2019, 5:10 pm

Out of curiosity, what is the significance of having the word priority on your boarding pass? Doesn't Zone 1 & AC*G on the boarding pass suffice? Worst case you can have them scan the BP or flash your AC card to get priority service.

James
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Out of curiosity, what is the significance of having the word priority on your boarding pass? Doesn't Zone 1 & AC*G on the boarding pass suffice? Worst case you can have them scan the BP or flash your AC card to get priority service.

James
No significance at all. I was just curious whether they made a deliberate change (and if so, why) or whether I’m going insane.

Looks like it might be the latter. I think I may have been confusing with Lufthansa boarding passes (which do have the banner). I suspect it has to do with making it easier to spot for those enforcing priority security lines, etc.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
No significance at all. I was just curious whether they made a deliberate change (and if so, why) or whether I’m going insane.

Looks like it might be the latter.
I'm pretty sure it is the latter too. I can't remember ever seeing this, and it is not on my BP for today either.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
The bag tag for checked bags says "priority" in a black bar above the baggage bar code (or at least it used to, it's been a while since I checked a bag).

Perhaps that's the thing you're remembering?
Old May 19, 2019, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canopus27
The bag tag for checked bags says "priority" in a black bar above the baggage bar code (or at least it used to, it's been a while since I checked a bag).

Perhaps that's the thing you're remembering?
I haven't checked a bag in 3+ years, so definitely not.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I haven't checked a bag in 3+ years, so definitely not.
Oh well, I was trying to help you find a reason that wasn't "you're going insane" ... but it seems like we're running out of alternatives for you
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canopus27
Oh well, I was trying to help you find a reason that wasn't "you're going insane" ... but it seems like we're running out of alternatives for you
Appreciate the effort and apologies for confusing everyone. I think this is the answer:

I think I may have been confusing with Lufthansa boarding passes (which do have the banner). I suspect it has to do with making it easier to spot for those enforcing priority security lines, etc.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I don't think I ever had them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.