Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: military deployment cancel flights.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: military deployment cancel flights.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
military deployment cancel flights.

I just rejoined the Canadian military part time 5 weeks ago and they have asked if I can go on deployment.

I have some flights coming up with Air Canada, and Lufthansa. I am on the return flight for 2 separate itinerates with AC and LH as I flew the fist half of the 2 trips last month. I also have a short haul flight with LH one way booked. All of the TATL is with Air Canada. I booked the flight with my Canadian AMEX card. I am AC-SE-100K.
YYZ-FRA-TUN booked with LH in P class
TUN-GVA booked with LH
K Class
GVA-ZRH-YYZ booked with AC in N class

Does the air lines have a military cancellation policy?
Old May 14, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by LesDorgo
I just rejoined the Canadian military part time 5 weeks ago and they have asked if I can go on deployment.

I have some flights coming up with Air Canada, and Lufthansa. I am on the return flight for 2 separate itinerates with AC and LH as I flew the fist half of the 2 trips last month. I also have a short haul flight with LH one way booked. All of the TATL is with Air Canada. I booked the flight with my Canadian AMEX card. I am AC-SE-100K.
YYZ-FRA-TUN booked with LH in P class
TUN-GVA booked with LH
K Class
GVA-ZRH-YYZ booked with AC in N class

Does the air lines have a military cancellation policy?
From the Air Canada International Conditions of Carriage:

[PDF] https://www.aircanada.com/content/da..._Tariff_en.pdf

on page 106 there is this:

G. Jury duty/military duty

In the event a passenger is called to military duty, jury duty or subpoenaed, a full refund will apply upon presentation of jury summons, subpoena or military order to duty. (No other documents will be accepted.)
I don't know about LH.
dr_torch and Plumber like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:44 pm

Further to what @zorn posted, I don't know which American Express card you have, but it appears that the Platinum card covers you if you're called to military duty. Check your card's policy, but you may be ok in the event that LH does not have a similar policy to AC.

https://www.insurance.americanexpres...-ENG-10.17.pdf
Old May 14, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Ultimately, isn't DND going to cover the cost of screwing you out of your out of pocket expenses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.