"annoyed" the industry, eh?

Old Jul 11, 03, 12:53 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Stranger:
(My beef with that is that nowadays changes can typically only be done by the issuing agent. So I got to get in touch with these guys halfway across the word. Calling the SE desk won't do me any good. And to add insult to injury, the TA will charge another $60 +tax/ticket/change.)</font>
Actually once you have started travel, AC has control of the file as well and they can do the changes for you.

As for your TA, might be time to get a new one. Sounds kind of ridiculous to charge you $60 per change.
Old Jul 11, 03, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
Actually once you have started travel, AC has control of the file as well and they can do the changes for you.
</font>
Pretty sure they sent me back to the agent to change my return. Although it could be because this was a negociated fare?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">As for your TA, might be time to get a new one. Sounds kind of ridiculous to charge you $60 per change.
</font>
Thing is, we can only get access to my employer's negociated fares through them. AC can't handle these directly for some mysterious reason :-(.

I guess they like the idea of paying the TA a commission. Personally, I would rather deal with AC directly. Mind you even then you better do your homework first.

[This message has been edited by Stranger (edited 07-11-2003).]
Old Jul 12, 03, 5:46 am

Some fares specifically says "All changes must be through the issuing agent" on the PNR.

An example is bulk fares. An AC office is rarely allowed to touch reservations for a bulk ticket.

Also, tickets booked in Z class tend to make you go back to the TA for changes as well. An ordinary availability display doesn't even have Z class shown. (eg, A19JULYVRYYZ)

Search this Thread