Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgrade status = Upgraded but no email?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Hey all - just reviewing my booking for tomorrow and when I check the status of my U/G request, it says that I am upgraded. No confirmation yet and not able to select a seat. Is this a phantom upgrade?

As a lowly 25k I am only used to clearing at the gate....thanks in advance.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Adding that when I log into my upgrade account, there’s a strange discrepancy. When I look at the Request tab it shows as waitlisted but the history tab shows as upgraded....
Old May 7, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Call reservations. Tell them that your upgrade has cleared, and you'd like to select a seat. They will be able to do the seat selection for you - and that will also confirm that the upgrade has indeed cleared.
Plumber likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks - called and the upgrade is a no-go. For the benefit of all, the Agent told me that the History will show as being upgraded as the credits have been taken out. Another IT enhancement I reckon....
Old May 7, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Just to clarify - the history shows "Upgraded to Business Class"?

When I get waitlisted the main screen has always shown as waitlisted, but I never checked the history.

Is R>0 on that flight. If you do not have EF you can give us the flight number and we can check.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I've never received an email for an upgrade clearing.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Thanks - called and the upgrade is a no-go. For the benefit of all, the Agent told me that the History will show as being upgraded as the credits have been taken out. Another IT enhancement I reckon....
Ah, yes ... I misunderstood your initial description then. The credits are indeed removed from your account when you make the request - and that transaction will show in the eupgrade history. This is not new, and I presume is done to prevent you from requesting more upgrades than you have credits for.

The agent is correct that the credits will be automatically returned to you if your upgrade does not clear.
5mm and skybluesea like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Whenever my eupgrade goes waitlisted and then clears ahead of DCS, I've always received an email.
And when my eupgrade is cleared immediately, I always receive an email.
When my eUpgrade clears at the gate, I've never received an email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.