Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

see SQ business redemption but not bookable online! HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Greetings to all you fine folks! Today, after much researching for reward flights on aeroplan (enough to give me a headache), I had settled upon an SG business class redemption for next spring. I was ready to input the payment details when whamo.. nada.. big gulp, ERROR! What? I try again 2 times... (I know.. but I was somehow hoping that the bug was going to stop)! I desperately called in to book with an agent.. sigh, (no actually cry)! She tells me that aeroplan has been having a glitch with all sg flights.. in the manner that all that is seen online on aeroplan to book is actually non bookable??? WHAT?? I have done a search in this thread (maybe my woring is not correct but I found nothing in the first few pages) since timing is of essence, would someone know how to work around this or is this totally non bookable for award redemptions? This was business class on SG. Thank you!!! I am sooo sad! :-(
Old May 5, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by voyageuse
This was business class on SG. Thank you!!! I am sooo sad! :-(
Are you talking about flying on SQ - as in Singapore? Where and when?
Old May 5, 2019, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

opentag, Yes I am talking about flying on singapore thru an aeroplan redemption in business class.. all SQ business flights are not bookable even though they show and are clickable as available until the "ok I pay taxes part".. just aweful that they know about this and keep it online as showing available!
Old May 5, 2019, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

opentag, Yes I am talking about flying on singapore thru an aeroplan redemption in business class.. all SQ business flights are not bookable even though they show and are clickable as available until the "ok I pay taxes part".. just aweful that they know about this and keep it online as showing available!
sorry about the typo sg instead of sq I had not noticed until now.. cannot edit my title.. :-(
Old May 5, 2019, 10:40 pm

What route? What dates? Typically only intra-asia SQ flights are bookable for partners (like Aeroplan) in J. All other routes reserved for their own program only.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Did some testing and did find the error you were getting - for instance on various SIN-MEL flights in J in Feb 2020 the availability shows on EF and results come up in the AP search but the 'no real time availability' error message appears when you go to actual book.
Its not a problem on AP for *all* SQ flights though. For instance testing SIN-KUL on J in Feb 2020 works.
Odd.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by opentag
Did some testing and did find the error you were getting - for instance on various SIN-MEL flights in J in Feb 2020 the availability shows on EF and results come up in the AP search but the 'no real time availability' error message appears when you go to actual book.
Its not a problem on AP for *all* SQ flights though. For instance testing SIN-KUL on J in Feb 2020 works.
Odd.
opentag, exactly what I am getting, each and every SQ flight in business to/from SIN YUL. I went further into testing last evening and the SQ economy flights are available!! How can i get aeroplan to help me on this!! Their should be some sort of advisory on aeroplan that they are experiencing problems with SQ business/first redemptions. "Give a child a lolly and take it away! Cruel!" I'm the child here and that was my lolly :-(
Old May 6, 2019, 4:54 am
Original Poster

zwkchong the problem is in business class on SIN routes (CDG) and many others. After further testing, found that these same itineraries are available to book in economy, but not in business. I can see the availability but I get the error message upon trying to book. "the itin requested is not available. We are sorry but we do not have real time availability, the requested itin is not available."
Old May 6, 2019, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by zwkchong
What route? What dates? Typically only intra-asia SQ flights are bookable for partners (like Aeroplan) in J. All other routes reserved for their own program only.
That was my understanding too. That you simply CAN NOT book premium cabins on (most) SQ long haul flights with "foreign" FF miles/points.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
opentag, exactly what I am getting, each and every SQ flight in business to/from SIN YUL. I went further into testing last evening and the SQ economy flights are available!! How can i get aeroplan to help me on this!! Their should be some sort of advisory on aeroplan that they are experiencing problems with SQ business/first redemptions. "Give a child a lolly and take it away! Cruel!" I'm the child here and that was my lolly :-(
This is intended, there's no problem with availability.
Admiral Ackbar and voyageuse like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
What are/were some available long-ish routes on SQ?

I've done SIN-IST in J back in 2013, and that's really my longest route when flying with SQ.

SIN-many Australian cities involving A333 or the odd 777-200s (no J/F A380s, but Y is offered) do pop up. Other than that, not much else?
voyageuse likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket

I've done SIN-IST in J back in 2013, and that's really my longest route when flying with SQ.

SIN-many Australian cities involving A333 or the odd 777-200s (no J/F A380s, but Y is offered) do pop up. Other than that, not much else?
I believe SIN-IST (and closer to SIN), SIN-intra-asia, SIN-Australia and SIN-JNB are the only bookable SIN-J-redemptions.

SIN-JNB&SIN-IST are probably the longest flights out of those. (in fact, they're nearly identically long! SIN-IST is 10 miles longer than SIN-JNB according to gcmap.) So let's say the limit is somewhere <5400miles
Old May 6, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
I did LAX-SIN in J in March on Aeroplan redemption. I was lucky to booked two rewards seats on that flight.
TTC192Rocket and voyageuse like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
This is intended, there's no problem with availability.
Beltway2A, I believe it is intended as today I searched my little heart out, from basically anywhere in Asia to Yul and all SQ flights in business where not bookable.
Do you have a suggestion if their is anything that can be done to remedy to all these SQ flights I am seeing that are absolutely non bookable?
Called aeroplan today again, to try with another agent, he "seemed" to not be aware of the problem and suggesting that its because folks book early out thus no availabilty. I am looking for spring 2020.. so am pretty early.. When I had him search a few routes on different days all with SQ showing available, then the error msg when trying to book, he was a bit without words. Said.. you should try again tonight.. then call us back later tonight. "I silently thought.. yeah next agent will have to deal with me".... So I asked him to note in my file about the problem trying to book the numerous SQ flights. He said "oh I see you know what to ask for".. (???) I could here that he was typing away but still had no answer for me..
I will call again tomorrow just to persue the issue that is very upsetting.. But I must admit that as of present I am about certain that the problem will go unsolved. Sadly, if I don't book something else very soon I will end up with nada... :-( Just so upsetting to see all that "fake" non bookable availability. Do any of you have suggestions or know how I can make this happen with aeroplan? Thank you all for your help.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dtman85
I did LAX-SIN in J in March on Aeroplan redemption. I was lucky to booked two rewards seats on that flight.
dtman that must have been a treat!! Glad you were able to redeem for those flights! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.