Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

see SQ business redemption but not bookable online! HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

see SQ business redemption but not bookable online! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by voyageuse
Beltway2A, I believe it is intended as today I searched my little heart out, from basically anywhere in Asia to Yul and all SQ flights in business where not bookable.
Do you have a suggestion if their is anything that can be done to remedy to all these SQ flights I am seeing that are absolutely non bookable?
Called aeroplan today again, to try with another agent, he "seemed" to not be aware of the problem and suggesting that its because folks book early out thus no availabilty. I am looking for spring 2020.. so am pretty early.. When I had him search a few routes on different days all with SQ showing available, then the error msg when trying to book, he was a bit without words. Said.. you should try again tonight.. then call us back later tonight. "I silently thought.. yeah next agent will have to deal with me".... So I asked him to note in my file about the problem trying to book the numerous SQ flights. He said "oh I see you know what to ask for".. (???) I could here that he was typing away but still had no answer for me..
I will call again tomorrow just to persue the issue that is very upsetting.. But I must admit that as of present I am about certain that the problem will go unsolved. Sadly, if I don't book something else very soon I will end up with nada... :-( Just so upsetting to see all that "fake" non bookable availability. Do any of you have suggestions or know how I can make this happen with aeroplan? Thank you all for your help.
The problem is Aeroplan's IT is showing flights that it shouldn't. So unfortunately these will not be bookable, no matter how often you call! With any luck they'll eventually fix the problem and they'll stop showing up on the website as well.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vroom
The problem is Aeroplan's IT is showing flights that it shouldn't. So unfortunately these will not be bookable, no matter how often you call! With any luck they'll eventually fix the problem and they'll stop showing up on the website as well.
vroom, thank you for setting it straight, I now understand that I shall never have that lolly.. :-( I will move forward and try to book another business flight with another airline, just no comparison though with SQ with what else is offered which is barely nothing.. :-( I wish aeroplan agents would just give me the truth instead of playing with my mind.. I must certainly not be the only one who has called in trying to book SQ "ghost sightings" Thank you very much for your input which I immensely appreciate.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:46 pm

I saw a few US-Asia, Europe-Asia and SIN-Australia flight in business class recently. However I suspect it was a glitch because SQ wasn’t even offering those seat at Saver level to its own members. Many of them were being waitlisted on Kris flyer while others were only available in its higher reward “Advantage” category.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by global happy traveller
I saw a few US-Asia, Europe-Asia and SIN-Australia flight in business class recently. However I suspect it was a glitch because SQ wasn’t even offering those seat at Saver level to its own members. Many of them were being waitlisted on Kris flyer while others were only available in its higher reward “Advantage” category.
global happy traveller, thank you for your heads up! Much appreciated!
Old May 26, 2019, 7:45 pm

Getting same error for most SQ flights and TK flights, called aeroplan and they said it been about a month, some syncing problems.
voyageuse likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I believe SIN-IST (and closer to SIN), SIN-intra-asia, SIN-Australia and SIN-JNB are the only bookable SIN-J-redemptions.

SIN-JNB&SIN-IST are probably the longest flights out of those. (in fact, they're nearly identically long! SIN-IST is 10 miles longer than SIN-JNB according to gcmap.) So let's say the limit is somewhere <5400miles
I'm not even sure if SIN-TYO is bookable - SIN-KIX is pretty easy to book, but I've never seen SIN-TYO availability on Aeroplan. Could just be very sparse availability like SIN-Australia, though.
voyageuse likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:07 am

[Award Booking] Booking SQ J Class

I keep seeing plenty of dates with LAX-SIN [for example, 07/02] in business class but I can't seem to be able to book it. I've seen dates in September as well. Over the phone they are saying the online system is not real time so its actually not available.

Any suggestions on how to go about booking this?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's phantom. If you get the real-time availability warning, the space isn't actually available.
voyageuse likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.