Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC now ranked "one of the worst performers" for OTP

AC now ranked "one of the worst performers" for OTP

Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by rankourabu
So its been a while. But OAG started publishing OTP stats again.

Looks like thinning the schedule is really working out for AC! Have their OTP stats ever been this good? (May 2021)
It will be interesting to see the decline when more flights are added to the schedule.

AC should really print that off, get it framed, and hang it in the C-Suite. No way those numbers continue once we get back to normal.

Still trailing behind Westjet though LOL!!
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
If you can’t walk and chew gum at the same time, stop walking and you’ll be able to chew gum 94.10% of the time.
rankourabu likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
They got rid of most of the passengers and the OTP came way up. Think of what their OTP could be if they could get rid of all of those pesky passengers?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:14 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Jagboi
They got rid of most of the passengers and the OTP came way up. Think of what their OTP could be if they could get rid of all of those pesky passengers?
Don't be silly.

It's restocking all those creamers that is the root cause of most of the delays. Apparently.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
AC702 (YYZ-EWR) delayed three days in a row. We back to normal 'OTP' now, AC?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Symmetre
AC should really print that off, get it framed, and hang it in the C-Suite. No way those numbers continue once we get back to normal.
Edit out Westjet, and say - look we are better at OTP running skeleton operations than all those other airlines who are back to flying full schedules... rah rah AC!
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott

Getting ahead of themselves though I have no doubt it will be delayed
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Symmetre

Now that AC is back to some reasonable degree of a regular domestic schedule, I am back to never leaving on time. Waiting to board 247 to YVR and we are already 15 minutes late with no hope of getting out on time. AC will be back to 50-60% OTP very shortly.

AC never ceases to disappoint.
cirrusdragoon likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Now that AC is back to some reasonable degree of a regular domestic schedule, I am back to never leaving on time. Waiting to board 247 to YVR and we are already 15 minutes late with no hope of getting out on time. AC will be back to 50-60% OTP very shortly.

AC never ceases to disappoint.
@EdmFlyBoi

See, the problem is "time is fluid".

By extension, AC's ON TIME activities can also be observed to be "fluid"

But since you're up there now, on a bird with no wifi, I've done all these fun items for your scrapbook.

FR24 seems to know where you are and what time you left YEG. So yes, your 5:15pm departure was, whatever you'd like to call it.

Looking at FlightAware, it also notes your 5:15pm departure departed, but not at 5:15pm

Looking at EF, you clearly departed at 5:15 but conveniently, you are not landing at whatever time AC said you would.

I note, however, that your flight features "entertainment on demand" so consider my post as your "entertainment on arrival".

EF shows no delays

But I am happy to report that AC Flight Status page kept claiming you departed on time at 5:15pm.

I've been refreshing AC's page and just now, it updated. It seems that you still left on time at 5:15pm which is now on time at 5:28pm. So math.

Now I've also checked my handy AC slide rule and AC abacus because clearly, the math I learned in grade 4 is not the math AC uses.

(And for those of you who read this post and didn't get the humour, get an AC abacus.)
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
@EdmFlyBoi

But since you're up there now, on a bird with no wifi, I've done all these fun items for your scrapbook.

FR24 seems to know where you are and what time you left YEG. So yes, your 5:15pm departure was, whatever you'd like to call it.

Looking at FlightAware, it also notes your 5:15pm departure departed, but not at 5:15pm

Looking at EF, you clearly departed at 5:15 but conveniently, you are not landing at whatever time AC said you would.

I note, however, that your flight features "entertainment on demand" so consider my post as your "entertainment on arrival".

EF shows no delays

But I am happy to report that AC Flight Status page kept claiming you departed on time at 5:15pm.

I've been refreshing AC's page and just now, it updated. It seems that you still left on time at 5:15pm which is now on time at 5:28pm. So math.

Now I've also checked my handy AC slide rule and AC abacus because clearly, the math I learned in grade 4 is not the math AC uses.

(And for those of you who read this post and didn't get the humour, get an AC abacus.)
i erupted into open laughter on arrival into YVR. Which, if anyone cares, occurred at 17:58, 10 minutes later than what AC had promised.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
@EdmFlyBoi

Haha. Fluid. There must have been some relativistic speeds involved in there somehow.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
i erupted into open laughter on arrival into YVR. Which, if anyone cares, occurred at 17:58, 10 minutes later than what AC had promised.
​​​​​​So if it's only 10 minutes late, then it doesn't negatively impact their OTP scores, so...
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Here's the problem, as determined by Albert Einstein and explained by Britannica.com:

time dilation, in the theory of special relativity, the “slowing down” of a clock as determined by an observer who is in relative motion with respect to that clock. In special relativity, an observer in inertial (i.e., nonaccelerating) motion has a well-defined means of determining which events occur simultaneously with a given event. A second inertial observer, who is in relative motion with respect to the first, however, will disagree with the first observer regarding which events are simultaneous with that given event. (Neither observer is wrong in this determination; rather, their disagreement merely reflects the fact that simultaneity is an observer-dependent notion in special relativity.) A notion of simultaneity is required in order to make a comparison of the rates of clocks carried by the two observers.
24left and DNAwizard like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:55 pm

Must be waiting for connecting passengers from somewhere?

Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
Must be waiting for connecting passengers from somewhere?

No ramp manpower. It's a systemwide issue.

Last edited by YYZC2; Aug 1, 2021 at 12:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.