Flight pass Seat availability

Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan SE, Fairmont Platinum. Starwood nobody
Flight pass Seat availability

With the Grounding of the 737 Max, I have been having a hard time getting the morning and return flights from YVR and YYC. As someone who purchases the passes to commute to and from YYC, I use the unlimited pass more than a few times per week. Recently, I am frequently having to stay overnight in Calgary to make morning meetings that I would normally not had to. Are others having similar issues in other segments as well. Is it reasonable to expect Air Canada to open the flight pass to additional booking classes to make more seats available. Should Air Canada offer some discount over the standard rates during this time. I understand that some Air Canada management types may be monitoring this forum and would appreciate some help.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yvrflyr
With the Grounding of the 737 Max, I have been having a hard time getting the morning and return flights from YVR and YYC. As someone who purchases the passes to commute to and from YYC, I use the unlimited pass more than a few times per week. Recently, I am frequently having to stay overnight in Calgary to make morning meetings that I would normally not had to. Are others having similar issues in other segments as well. Is it reasonable to expect Air Canada to open the flight pass to additional booking classes to make more seats available. Should Air Canada offer some discount over the standard rates during this time. I understand that some Air Canada management types may be monitoring this forum and would appreciate some help.
Are you on a Latitude UFP or Flex UFP? (or J UFP?)
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan SE, Fairmont Platinum. Starwood nobody
I have a flex pass.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yvrflyr
I have a flex pass.
So which route and which Flex UFP is this? Which days in general are you referring to, or any day of the week? I'm assuming a Western-type FP.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
There is an ongoing issue with Flex FPs where available inventory is not bookable. Have you checked M inventory in Expert Flyer?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by ridefar
There is an ongoing issue with Flex FPs where available inventory is not bookable. Have you checked M inventory in Expert Flyer?
I have a related question. I have a Flex FP and am trying to book a flight to from YOW to LAS on Aug 7th. I was hoping to fly via YVR for the extra miles.

I see:
AC343 M9
AC1898 M0

In fact AC1898 is showing 0 for all fare buckets on Aug 7th. Is this a glitch in the system? Does this happen if the flight is going to be cancelled? If I use the EF seat map it looks pretty open.

Thanks!

Last edited by dr_torch; Apr 20, 2019 at 8:00 am Reason: Spelling. Not enough coffee this morning
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dr_torch
I have a related question. I have a Flex FP and am trying to book a flight to from YOW to LAS on Aug 7th. I was hoping to fly via YVR for the extra miles.

I see:
AC343 M9
AC1898 M0

In fact AC1898 is showing 0 for all fare buckets on Aug 7th. Is this a glitch in the system? Does this happen if the flight is going to be cancelled? If I use the EF seat map it looks pretty open.

Thanks!
The current issue with Flex FPs results in it not being possible to book flights with positive M space. So if M>0 you should be able to book the flight, but you won't be able to. (You can if you call in, but not on-line or with the app.) What you are experiencing may or may not be a bug but it isn't related to the problem I was describing.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Thanks for clarifying @ridefar

Since it is still quite a while till I need to travel I will just wait and see what happens. I just thought it was interesting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.