Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Quickest/Easiest way to gain access to MLL

Quickest/Easiest way to gain access to MLL

Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Low Roller
You can buy a pass from aeroplan for 5000 points (10K for 2). It's not a great use of points but it is an option. Note that they do mail out physical passes so you need to allow some time. There are lots of credit cards that give priority pass access -they won't get you into the MLL but will get you into the plaza premium lounges in YYZ which most people like better anyhow.
Heck, I didn't know this. TIL.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
To be clear these passes have the same limitations as the ones AC gives elites. Specifically they wont get you into unique Intl MLLs.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
The OP said nothing about cost and flying in J gets you the lounge. They wanted quickest and easiest and that's both. Quicker than first having to fly 100,000 miles to gain some elite level, for instance. Very slow, not easy at all.
I only fly J and rarely on AC but can't you just pay to get in? Add-on to the reservation sort of thing? That would be quick and easy.
50k miles will get your access to every MLL worldwide. P25k would get you a couple of vouchers.

You can only pay for it on Flex and above. Flex is often a lot more then Standard these days, route / booking one etc dependant. And thats paying in advance, you cant walk up (officially) unless with an elite who can guest one plus whatever, and pay $$ for others.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by jc94
To be clear these passes have the same limitations as the ones AC gives elites. Specifically they wont get you into unique Intl MLLs.
You mean the SSL, which is not a MLL?

Nothing but the right booked bucket & destination gets you in there. There is no scam or ease that makes it happen.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
You mean the SSL, which is not a MLL?

Nothing but the right booked bucket & destination gets you in there. There is no scam or ease that makes it happen.
No I mean they wont get you into the Intl MLL in YYZ or YUL or anywhere else that has a specific lounge/area for Intl pax. They wont get you into the SSL either of course but I dont think that was even on OPs radar.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by jc94

No I mean they wont get you into the Intl MLL in YYZ or YUL or anywhere else that has a specific lounge/area for Intl pax. They wont get you into the SSL either of course but I dont think that was even on OPs radar.
Oh. Perhaps.

Can one not spend the $50/person on MLL access for INTL lounge access?

I don't quite understand OP question. Just get a non-bottom feeder fare class and pay the $50.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:22 am

I’m going to go out on a limb and make a few assumptions. OP has posted a few questions in the Hawaii forum, so I’m going to guess that’s the destination and pax is either flying yyz-yvr/yyc-Hawaii, or yyz-usa(mainland)-hawaii.

If via USA it is possible that flight ex-USA is a codeshare operated by UA. In such a case guest passes won’t work.

If on AC metal the OP likely booked Basic or Standard and therefore can’t buy lounge access on MMB.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG / Airmiles
You're quite right except, my flight is going from Toronto to Vancouver and then to Hawaii!

Thank you for all your replies and it's been very helpful! It's a really great community you have here! We don't fly a lot so this would be like icing on the cake!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RhaspberryWind
You're quite right except, my flight is going from Toronto to Vancouver and then to Hawaii!

Thank you for all your replies and it's been very helpful! It's a really great community you have here! We don't fly a lot so this would be like icing on the cake!
I sent you a PM offering guest + guest pass if our travel dates/times align.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG / Airmiles
Sorry, it wont let me send anymore PMs for the day, I was going to wait till the hold was off! I have reached out to another poster, and we are meeting next week for the tickets.

Thank you though!

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
I sent you a PM offering guest + guest pass if our travel dates/times align.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Oh @yyznomad, you FOTSG!

​​​​​​​(Ok, I didn't know this either )
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Oh. Perhaps.

Can one not spend the $50/person on MLL access for INTL lounge access?

I don't quite understand OP question. Just get a non-bottom feeder fare class and pay the $50.
Yes, paying gets you into any MLL. Vouchers are Dom/TB/Generic only.

Vouchers can be used on any AC ticket, paid is only available Flex+.

SSL is a separate topic not relevant to this thread. Especially given OP is flying YYZ YVR to start with which means a voucher would work for the first leg at any rate ...
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by RhaspberryWind

How long is your stop at YVR and when? Perhaps I can help with that part.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by canopus27
Oh @yyznomad, you FOTSG!

​​​​​​​(Ok, I didn't know this either )
My FOTSG friends will love this method of MLL access once I tell them.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
How long is your stop at YVR and when? Perhaps I can help with that part.
Note: it will be trans-border MLL on the outbound.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.