Community
Wiki Posts
Search

190 seat A321s?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:33 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Data point...

In the October 2017 issue 8 of NAVI (and all earlier issues), it lists the ML 321 as 16J 169Y.
In the Winter 2018 issue 9 of NAVI (and all issues thereafter), it lists the ML 321 as 16J 174Y.
Does NAVI show pitch and therefore give an indication as to how they found the space for the extra seats?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Does NAVI show pitch and therefore give an indication as to how they found the space for the extra seats?
I couldn't find anything regarding pitch in NAVI but here are the respective seatmaps from NAVI... you might need to magnify them

Oct 2017

Winter 2018

It looks like they moved the exit row 29 (and all rows behind it) forward, removed 29AF, added 28C and then added one row (41)... so it's possible the seat pitch didn't change.

Last edited by yyznomad; Apr 14, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:17 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It looks like they moved the exit row 29 (and all rows behind it) forward, removed 29AF, added 28C and then added one row (41)... so it's possible the seat pitch didn't change.
The emergency exit likely hasn't moved its spot in the fuselage, so if 29 is now farther forward, that suggests a tightening of pitch between the first and second emergency exits.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The emergency exit likely hasn't moved its spot in the fuselage, so if 29 is now farther forward, that suggests a tightening of pitch between the first and second emergency exits.
I've never sat that "far back" in a 321, IIRC... so I was simply going off the seatmap approximations... my assumption was that the space in front of the 169Y row 29 was quite significant, allowing for it to move up further... but this is understanding that the seatmaps are most likely not to scale.

Rows 12 to 28 essentially haven't changed ahead of that exit row, so I'm going to assume that at the very least rows 12 to 28 did not change in pitch. Maybe rows 29 to 41 have less pitch?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
From the seat map it looks like there's an extra row between doors 3 and 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.