Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What are best seats for a couple on 787/900 in premium class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

If the partition between the middle seats doesn’t lower, are there any aisle and window combos that allow communication with one another ? Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:47 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Welcome to FT!

It sounds like you're talking about business (or "Signature") class rather than premium economy.

If you want to talk most of the flight, the two middle seats are still your best bet - the partition isn't that high. But many would prefer two windows.

Note that there are many threads addressing this topic. A quick Google search will often turn up answers more quickly than a new thread, e.g. Divider Between Business Class Seats D and G on AC 777s

P.S. It's 787-9, or 789, not 787/900.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Tonto524
If the partition between the middle seats doesn’t lower, are there any aisle and window combos that allow communication with one another ? Thanks.
Walkie talkies but I think radios are banned. Some sort of bluetooth thing could work.

Two soda cans and some string would work and no electricity required. That would be if both were in window seats, on behind the other. Otherwise someone gets a window and the other the aisle 1 or 2 and you'd have to lean a bit because the pods are meant to be private.

One person could get up and walk to the other if they had a question.

Other than take off and landing the lack of a window is not really much of an impediment. I flew on a Cathay Airbus 350-900 a couple days ago and it has a window in the bathroom. No curtain on it so quite risque if the air force passes by. Plus they have a camera on the tail and underneath so you can see everything. Maybe the AC 787-9/787-900 etc does?

It's Ok to call it a 787-900 or 787/900 - Air France does the former and Boeing just uses 787-9 but everyone knew what you meant.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Walkie talkies but I think radios are banned. Some sort of bluetooth thing could work.
Unless the flight doesn't have wifi right. in which case AC could have issues with you using BT.
Clearly if you want to talk Y seats at the back of the aircraft work well

I think premium class must refer to J (Business class) here, but as Air Canada is 1-2-1 on a pod level it's either two window or middle seats really. And two window seats aren't that conductive to having a long chat imo.
Doesn't the divider have to be down for take off and landing anyway?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Tonto524
Not really. Honestly, the seats just aren’t conducive to talking. You’re better off planning to not communicate much.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Middle isle is best. Not by a whole bunch though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.