Premium Economy YYZ-HNL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:37 pm
m.y
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Premium Economy YYZ-HNL

Hi all,

Anyone know what the service is like on Premium Economy for AC 589 YYZ-HNL? flight leaves at 10:20, arrives at 14:45, 10.5 hour flight, almost same length as YVR-PEK! Wondering what kind of meals is served. I've read the thread on PY transcontinental meals from 2017, not sure if things have changed since then.

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I have not done this specific flight, although it sounds kind of cool. I fly in the PY cabin a lot to PEK,TPE,DXB etc. I can say the service is all the same. the first meal you choose from the menu and it's rather nice. Then it's a snack meal, like a sandwich and finally a breakfast or a smaller snack. The biggest benefit of the PY cabin, is the 2 -3/4 - 2 layout and comfort. The extra room, wider seat etc is the reason to be here as well as the 125% AQM. The service is ok, and the meal is only a little bit special. It's just a better economy seat, again this is only my opinion.I
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by m.y
Hi all,

Anyone know what the service is like on Premium Economy for AC 589 YYZ-HNL? flight leaves at 10:20, arrives at 14:45, 10.5 hour flight, almost same length as YVR-PEK! Wondering what kind of meals is served. I've read the thread on PY transcontinental meals from 2017, not sure if things have changed since then.

Thanks!
They will probably serve a domestic business class breakfast and lunch.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
They will probably serve a domestic business class breakfast and lunch.
Flights (A330 for the balance of this season and B787 for W2019/2020) will feature Domestic Transcontinental Signature Service and Premium Economy.
PY:
>Hot Dinner (Current PY standard)
>Mid-Flight Snack Baskets and Bar/Beverages
>Chicken Wrap (outbound) Hot Breakfast Sandwich (inbound)
canadiancow and Jumper Jack like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:31 am
m.y
Original Poster

Thank you for all of your replies! very helpful. I'll report on the service after the trip.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Flights (A330 for the balance of this season and B787 for W2019/2020) will feature Domestic Transcontinental Signature Service and Premium Economy.
PY:
Is the 2nd meal close to J (like the first) or Y (like TATL)?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by jc94

Is the 2nd meal close to J (like the first) or Y (like TATL)?
The latter (AFAIK). For the most part & from a marketing perspective, North American airlines don't consider the Hawaii market "International" despite crossing a body of water.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
The latter (AFAIK). For the most part & from a marketing perspective, North American airlines don't consider the Hawaii market "International" despite crossing a body of water.
Interesting. The hot breakfast sandwich sounds like Monty’s but the sandwich? That’s either dubious advertising or something I’ve not come across with AC - in Y anyway, the J sandwich on short hauls isn’t too bad.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
PY:

Yeah what this guy said.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:31 pm
m.y
Original Poster

Just landed in HNL, it was a good flight. In PY there is a simple amenity kit, with eyeshade, socks, and ear plugs. Pillow, blanket and a small bottle of water was also placed on each seat. The meal is consists of a salad, two choices for main (cheese ravioli or general tso chicken), and a cake for desert. There is a snack service and a cold roast beef or chicken wrap before landing. Alcohol was complementary.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
If AC has domestic, transborder (US) and international, why would someone think Hawaii is international? Trumpian logic, like Puerto Rico?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
If AC has domestic, transborder (US) and international, why would someone think Hawaii is international? Trumpian logic, like Puerto Rico?
IMHO this has nothing to do with transborder/international. YYZ-HNL is a flight that is marketed as a flight with Signature Class service. The length of the flight is comparable to many international flights. It’s reasonable to ask what the PY service would be like due to the length of flight that is categorized as a “premium” route.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
In the "good old days" when CP/Canadian flew the route, it was full international service as it was the first leg to SYD.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG USER

IMHO this has nothing to do with transborder/international. YYZ-HNL is a flight that is marketed as a flight with Signature Class service. The length of the flight is comparable to many international flights. It’s reasonable to ask what the PY service would be like due to the length of flight that is categorized as a “premium” route.
Exactly. It's a 10 hour Signature Service flight.

I had no idea what kind of service would be offered on something like this, and I'm pretty up to date on AC offerings.

I think the question was very reasonable.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Am I correct in assuming that Y is SOL for meal service(s) apart from buy-on-board?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.