Premium Economy YYZ-HNL

Old Apr 14, 19, 11:38 pm

Programs: AC
Wouldn't it be easier if this type of information was just available online? I've had more than a few flights where I've asked the gate crew if there's a meal service (PE), or if it's loaded with dinner vs breakfast (redeyes). If it was just easy to look this stuff up it would be quite convenient. Especially since even the gate crews rarely know.
Old Apr 15, 19, 7:41 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by CdnFlier View Post
Wouldn't it be easier if this type of information was just available online? I've had more than a few flights where I've asked the gate crew if there's a meal service (PE), or if it's loaded with dinner vs breakfast (redeyes). If it was just easy to look this stuff up it would be quite convenient. Especially since even the gate crews rarely know.
I fully agree and this is something that UA and a bunch of other airlines do well. See here: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...st/dining.aspx. AC should take note.
Old Apr 15, 19, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
I fully agree and this is something that UA and a bunch of other airlines do well. See here: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...st/dining.aspx. AC should take note.
Amusingly, the size of that page is one of the things I don't like about UA. On AC, if the block time is 2 hours, you get a hot meal, and it's generally what you'd expect at that time of day.

On United, 2:20 gets you a meal during a 4 hour window, but not the other 20 hours. 3:59 gets you a meal for 15 out of the 24 hours. 5:19 is the same, but you get a hot snack for an extra hour after meals end. And 5:20 on a p.s. route doesn't even get you a guaranteed meal service (though their "snack" is quite reasonable).

Having flown quite a bit of AC and UA, I'd say AC's meal service offerings are much more consistent in J.

When it comes to PY, UA doesn't seem to have any page dedicated to it, so I'm as lost as I am on AC.

Search this Thread