Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A320 FIN 202 (C-FDQV) sent to Tucson scrapyard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A320 FIN 202 (C-FDQV) sent to Tucson scrapyard

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:28 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pitz
Quite a testament to AC maintenance practices and Airbus' engineering that this airplane could remain airworthy for so long.

AC isn't exactly known as a very high utilization operator, and certainly relatively low on 'cycles', so I doubt their frames are all that interesting for 'analysis' purposes.
Plus the Canadian climate is very easy on aircraft. Some moving parts my break in -40 weather, but the airframe itself is like cold/dry weather.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by 5mm
Plus the Canadian climate is very easy on aircraft. Some moving parts my break in -40 weather, but the airframe itself is like cold/dry weather.
Yes. There was a dig on Canadian weather somewhere above. Canadian weather may be mostly cold to humans, but outside of some transborder work, it would be nicely hidden from disgusting humidity and the salt air of other climes. And AC's under the wing crew will have undoubtedly kept it running well, but it can't escape the rules driven overhaul, even with those MIA 737s.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
When I checked my logs, I last flew on this bird on July 31, 2017 as AC228 YVR-YYC and sat in 18D (OK, I am a nerd and keep this kind of stuff)
My first flight on it was AC258 YVR YWG - 16-JUL-1998 - Seat 1F. Also took it on Sep 7, 2003 - SFO YVR - 12A.

It's been around a while - -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.