Wiki Posts
Search

AC friends and family accrual?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, UA Platinum, AS MVP75K, Marriott Gold
AC friends and family accrual?

Quick questions - I know AC has 2 discount passes, one for friends and one for family.

Does the family one allow accrual to Aeroplan or other Star alliance programs? I’ve used the friends one and that one has no restrictions.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:19 pm

Are you talking buddy passes? No mileage accrual.
or
Are you talking discount codes? Which are a discount of the regular fare and do accrue mileage.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tracon
Are you talking buddy passes? No mileage accrual.
or
Are you talking discount codes? Which are a discount of the regular fare and do accrue mileage.
talking the GO AC friends or the GO AC family. First one is 10%(15 intl) and the second one is 20% off all. Both of them are a discount on the base fare. Wasn’t sure if the latter one can accrue.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:51 pm

Using 20% discount code will NOT accrue any mileage.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYZ7464
Using 20% discount code will NOT accrue any mileage.
Thanks for the confirmation! Do you think I’ll be able to accrue on a different plan? ie. United?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Discussing internal non-published company benefits on a public forum is not wise and probably violates the terms of the program. If you have a question about the employee benefits of the AC travel program, you should ask the employee directly.
acbagsmasher likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by YYC009
Discussing internal non-published company benefits on a public forum is not wise and probably violates the terms of the program. If you have a question about the employee benefits of the AC travel program, you should ask the employee directly.
If for no other reason that it may make for some irate frequent fliers who get a 15 or 20% discount coupon for sitting for many hours on a deflated seat etc. When all they really need to do is befriend an AirCanada staff member😄
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lallied

When all they really need to do is befriend an AirCanada staff member😄
Better hurry because said staff member can only have a "limited" number of "friends".
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As has been pointed out as this is an unpublished benefit and as the original poster has an answer to their query I'll close this thread.

tcook052
AC forum mod.
acbagsmasher likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.