Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can you decline an upgrade to PY when your business class upgrade doesn't clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you decline an upgrade to PY when your business class upgrade doesn't clear?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canopus27
For complete clarity .... these are the published fares; availability of those fares is a whole separate game
Right, of course.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
In support of branded priority, the graph makes it pretty clear how cheap it is to move up a brand for a specific fare class. If you want priority, spend the extra $100.
It's almost like AC planned it that way ....
canadiancow and jc94 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
Two things:

2. When PY was introduced, upgrades definitely were processed for explicit requests to PY before failed requests to J, but I have seen some evidence to suggest this is no longer the case.
I agree this is no longer the case based on my experience. I have been on flights with 20+ people on the upgrade list for both J and PY separately where I have not cleared J but then handed a PY boarding pass. Flight closed with same people on PY upgrade list (or most of them). there's no way I skip that line unless those trying to upgrade to J are cleared first before direct to PY passengers IMO
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
In support of branded priority, the graph makes it pretty clear how cheap it is to move up a brand for a specific fare class. If you want priority, spend the extra $100.
Originally Posted by canopus27
It's almost like AC planned it that way ....
And yet they didn't implement the technology to make it easy for people to pick the one they want. Without phoning in. And finding an agent who knows what they are doing.
D404 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
And yet they didn't implement the technology to make it easy for people to pick the one they want. Without phoning in. And finding an agent who knows what they are doing.
I have never had an issue picking between Basic/Standard/Flex/Comfort/Latitude/PY Lowest/PY Flexible/J Lowest/J Flexible.

But I guess my EYW itineraries are pretty simple
canopus27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.