Wiki Posts
Search

AE refusing to credit - Fare ??? K

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
AE refusing to credit - Fare ??? K

Posting for a friend, they flew YYZ PVG return with Air Canada booked by ... some company, ie: not on AC website. All had AE numbers associated but no miles issues.

Talked her through the claim process on AE today and met with a message that fare class wasn't eligible for miles. So looked back at the ticket (which has no details on it that I could see) and the booking which just lists Economy Class (K).

Now as far as I can see, AC doesn't even sell Basic fares on this route, and while I know all about branded fares I thought K was Standard (ex Tango) only?
Short of phoning Aeroplan ... any ideas? Can you even book Basic TPACs?

Last edited by jc94; Mar 29, 2019 at 3:02 pm
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Consolidator fares generally aren't eligible either, which could be the situation here.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by jc94
Posting for a friend, they flew YYZ PVR return
PVG, not PVR.

Now as far as I can see, AC doesn't even sell Basic fares on this route, and while I know all about branded fares I thought K was Standard (ex Tango) only?
Short of phoning Aeroplan ... any ideas? Can you even book Basic TPACs? Can you even book Basic TPACs?
Yes, you can although not AFAIK on this route.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...l#post30795277
jc94 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: TK *G
Many K fares sold by TAs are not eligible for mileage accumulation. K fares from TAs May have different fare basis from the K fares sold on AC website.

canadiancow, jc94 and 5mm like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
PVG, not PVR.

Yes, you can although not AFAIK on this route.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...l#post30795277
Good point, fixed thanks.

Originally Posted by songsc
Many K fares sold by TAs are not eligible for mileage accumulation. K fares from TAs May have different fare basis from the K fares sold on AC website.
This may well be it, it was some sort of fare from some company I've never heard of nor can I recall.

Sounds like they're out of luck for 7k miles each
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by songsc
As a TA I wouldn't say many as while there may be some the majority of fare sold through consolidators I see on a daily basis as consolidators use the same published Standard or Flex fare basis as the public has access to as I'm constantly checking and re-checking against the GDS to ensure what's being confirmed isn't a Basic fare.

And while there may be a few bulk fares that exclude mileage earning IME most fares sold through TA's do earn mileage.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by jc94
Good point, fixed thanks.

This may well be it, it was some sort of fare from some company I've never heard of nor can I recall.

Sounds like they're out of luck for 7k miles each
On the bright side, you can think of it as 7k miles are not that significant given the uncertainties around AP.

Originally Posted by tcook052
As a TA I wouldn't say many as while there may be some the majority of fare sold through consolidators I see on a daily basis as consolidators use the same published Standard or Flex fare basis as the public has access to as I'm constantly checking and re-checking against the GDS to ensure what's being confirmed isn't a Basic fare.

And while there may be a few bulk fares that exclude mileage earning IME most fares sold through TA's do earn mileage.
Yea by many I mean “I have seen more than one”
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Try asking for credit with another FFP?
Although I suspect that ship sailed since AE number was entered.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Looks like a bulk fare to me. Usually sold as part of tour, particularly in the Asia markets.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Try asking for credit with another FFP?
Although I suspect that ship sailed since AE number was entered.
it works in reverse with TK, if my flight fails to credit with TK, I send a request for mileage credit to aeroplanes using online forum, seems to work for me. I flew under my TK number.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Have your friends checked if the eticket number changed for some reason?

In 2017 I was in a similar situation: miles never credited so I just assumed it was because I booked the trip through FlightHub.
Got the same error message that "fare class wasn't eligible for miles" trying to claim the miles to UA and later AE.

Months later I noticed I had two different eticket numbers: one from my original booking and another on my return boarding pass.

It turns out my flight YVR-HKG had a 5-hour delay and somehow AC changed the eticket number. I didn't even know this was possible.
When I used the new number, I finally received the miles.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Interesting. Thanks I’ll see if they still have the BPs but failing that sounds like it might just be a side effect of booking via this TA esque thing.

It definitely wasn’t part of a group tour thing, but I didn’t pay much attention to what company it was.

Last edited by jc94; Mar 30, 2019 at 5:26 pm Reason: I can’t type, thanks ;)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.