Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Bonus AE Miles for Status (Jan/Feb)

Question: Bonus AE Miles for Status (Jan/Feb)

Old Mar 28, 19, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Bonus AE Miles for Status (Jan/Feb)

I dropped to E75k this year from SE100k last year. This means I was SE100k until the end of Feb 2019. I just looked at my Aeroplan account and noticed that my bonus miles for all flights in Jan and Feb are only at the 75% rate (based on E75k) rather than 100% for SE. Is this right? Do the bonus miles follow the pure calendar year and not the status year?

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 19, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yes.

From the Altitude site:

This bonus applies to Aeroplan Miles earned for distance flown between January 1 and December 31, 2018. Note that if you qualify for a higher status with Early Recognition, the bonus applies as of when your status is confirmed by email. Bonus Aeroplan Miles are not Altitude Qualifying Miles and do not count towards reaching Altitude status.
Old Mar 28, 19, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
What @Bohemian1 said.

I recall this was sporadically discussed... mostly in the yearly benefits threads.

(one quick example, but not the strongest one)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30503594-post84.html

There have been others who get "caught off guard" (if you will) regarding this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 10:18 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by j_the_p View Post
I dropped to E75k this year from SE100k last year. This means I was SE100k until the end of Feb 2019. I just looked at my Aeroplan account and noticed that my bonus miles for all flights in Jan and Feb are only at the 75% rate (based on E75k) rather than 100% for SE. Is this right? Do the bonus miles follow the pure calendar year and not the status year?

Thanks!

Yes and it works the other way too. If you were E75 and became E100 on March 1, your travels in January & February all become 100% instead of 75%

Search this Thread
Search Engine: