Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Earn more Altitude Qualifying Miles when you fly (Targeted Offer Mar 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS

Received this offer for 750 bonus AQM per segment:

For a limited time, Air Canada AltitudeTM members can earn bonus Altitude® Qualifying Miles on eligible flights between Canada and California.

REGISTER AND BOOK ON ELIGIBLE ROUTES BY APRIL 11, 2019, FOR TRAVEL UNTIL JUNE 30, 2019, AND YOU WILL EARN 750 BONUS ALTITUDE QUALIFYING MILES FOR EVERY SEGMENT TRAVELLED

Each mile you travel this year will bring you to even greater recognition in 2019 and beyond. Keep flying to enjoy higher levels of privilege and recognition with Air Canada and the Star Alliance® member airlines.

To learn more about eligible routes and to book your travel, visit the link below.
Routes appear to be: YYC->SFO, YUL->LAX,SFO, YYZ->LAX,SAN,SFO and YVR->SFO
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by JordanYVR; Mar 28, 2019 at 1:44 pm Reason: Routers
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Guess I'll have to attend the YVR do
WaytoomuchEurope and zrh2yvr like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I wonder if Asus or D-Link "routers" are eligible
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Guess I'll have to attend the YVR do
flight pass bookings are excluded
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by JordanYVR

flight pass bookings are excluded
Wow that's interesting. Typically it says "unlimited flight pass", but this just says "flight pass". I wonder what will actually be enforced...
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wonder if Asus or D-Link "routers" are eligible
Oops. It wasn't copy & paste, I had to type out the text from a graphic.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:23 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Here's the complete Ts and Cs (bolding mine):

Only the recipient of this email is eligible for the offer. Offer is non-transferable.

To qualify for this promotion, you must register for this offer between March 28, 2019 and April 11, 2019. A one-time registration is required and can be completed on this page.

The Altitude Qualifying Miles for eligible flights flown will be awarded for new bookings only made between March 28, 2019 and April 11, 2019, by 19:59 Eastern Time inclusively, for travel on all eligible flights between March 28, 2019 and June 30, 2019.

In order to qualify as a new booking, the booking must have been created for the first time with a new booking reference number during the eligible booking period of the promotion. Any booking made prior to the start of the promotion that is subsequently changed to include travel dates within the qualifying travel period will not be considered a new booking that is eligible for the promotion.

Only valid on eligible scheduled direct flights between Canada and the U.S., operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Express®, for travel between March 28, 2019 and June 30, 2019.

To qualify for the 750 Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles per segment promotion, the segment must be travelled in the eligible fare options: Economy Flex, Economy comfort, Economy Latitude, Premium Economy lowest, Premium Economy flexible, Business Class lowest and Business Class flexible.

A fixed amount of 750 Altitude Qualifying Miles per segment will be credited to eligible recipients up to three (3) weeks after the qualifying flights are completed. For more information regarding Altitude Qualifying Miles, please click here.

A minimum of one (1) eligible segment is required to earn and qualify for the 750 Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles per segment offer.

Valid only on the following published fare options included in this promotion that are eligible for Aeroplan Mile accumulation: Economy Flex, comfort, Latitude, Premium Economy lowest, Premium Economy flexible, Business Class lowest and Business Class flexible.

Offer is not valid when travelling on an Air Canada Flight Pass.

Altitude Qualifying Miles will be credited up to three (3) weeks after the qualifying flights are completed.

Upgraded flight segments (eUpgrades, Last-Minute Paid Upgrades, Star Alliance® Upgrade Awards, etc.) will be tracked for this promotion based on the eligibility of the fare purchased.

Aeroplan Flight Rewards are not eligible for this promotion.

Altitude Qualifying Miles cannot be sold and are non-transferable. They have no cash value and cannot be converted to cash or refunded if unused.

Offer is subject to change at Air Canada’s sole discretion without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Does this count towards MM?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
So after receiving this offer I looked at the Blue Jays schedule and saw Oakland in late April, so YAAAA I will book, All flights I looked at have a YYC-YEG-SFO itinerary?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
So after receiving this offer I looked at the Blue Jays schedule and saw Oakland in late April, so YAAAA I will book, All flights I looked at have a YYC-YEG-SFO itinerary?
YEG-SFO isn't eligible, FYI.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
YEG-SFO isn't eligible, FYI.
I know so I did not book.

I may look at a YYC-YVR-SFO trip and try to make this work. Baseball just started and I have not yet checked out where and when I want to go! What gifts will AC provide to me as an incentive? This targeted promotion is a good start.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Received this offer for 750 bonus AQM per segment:

Routes appear to be: YYC->SFO, YUL->LAX,SFO, YYZ->LAX,SAN,SFO and YVR->SFO
How does one receive these? I'm fly SFO-YYZ a lot.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by capedreamer
How does one receive these? I'm fly SFO-YYZ a lot.
That could be why you didn't receive the offer.
--
13F
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I received this, which is great because I am going to LAX next week

reads fine print...booking has to be made after March 28th

sigh...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.