Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC948 Today - Understand weird route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K

AC948 today was supposed to fly YUL-PTP, but looking at flight aware the routing is extremely weird showing an 11hr flight time instead of the normal 5 hours. Is there any way to check and understand what happened?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Eternity000
AC948 today was supposed to fly YUL-PTP, but looking at flight aware the routing is extremely weird showing an 11hr flight time instead of the normal 5 hours. Is there any way to check and understand what happened?
According to Expertflyer, diverted to Toronto and aircraft change due to flight control issues

RMKS/ADDIONAL CAPACITY REQUIRED DIVERSION FOR FLIGHT CONTROL PR
OBLEM AIR BORNE RETURN ACCT FLIGHT CONTROL ISSUE FIN 215 RECREW
REQUIRED AIRCRFAT SWAP REQUIRED NEW FIN 260 WAS A320 NOW A319
A319 LOAD
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Flying out on the Saturday flight which was nearly full, so with the switch to a 319 today hope they don’t bump too many people to my flight. If they have have to IDB people and the next flight is 3 days away, what does AC normally do? Reboot on another airline??
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA948

Looks like they went back to YUL and then departed again with a different aircraft. I am sure someone with EF access will post why; almost certainly a mechanical issue.

EDIT: Too slow!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Long day for the passengers.

nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Weird I look at some places showing a 320 while others show a 319. How can I confirm which they are actually using?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Weird I look at some places showing a 320 while others show a 319. How can I confirm which they are actually using?
According to https://planefinder.net/data/flight/AC948 the second fin is C-FYKC which is an A319, which is confirmed by the text posted from EF above.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
According to https://planefinder.net/data/flight/AC948 the second fin is C-FYKC which is an A319.
thanks so if the flight was already slightly overbooked (thanks 737Max) that means lots of IDBs. Can AC actually impose ther people wait 3 days for the Saturday flight or do they have to find other options?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM

thanks so if the flight was already slightly overbooked (thanks 737Max) that means lots of IDBs. Can AC actually impose ther people wait 3 days for the Saturday flight or do they have to find other options?
They will find people other available options on alternate carriers if they need to get back sooner..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.