Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2019 Spring Aeroplan Convert Hotel Points to Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Spring Aeroplan Convert Hotel Points to Miles

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Mine showed up this morning too. Backdated to the day the the Marriott points transferred.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Same- got 17,500 Bonus (35%) miles for a 40,000+10,000 transfer.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:42 pm

Mine finally showed up.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by flybie
Mine finally showed up.
How long did it take from the date of transfer? Was it backdated like other posters above?
Past transfers were backdated but I still haven't received mine.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
How long did it take from the date of transfer? Was it backdated like other posters above?
Past transfers were backdated but I still haven't received mine.
correct. Under transactions, the bonus backdated to when I did the base points transfer one on March 26 and one on April 1st. But just logged on today and saw the 30% bonus.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hurry! 35% bonus when you convert Marriott Bonvoy points.

New promo that is similar (but not exactly the same) to the Spring promo.

Received a blank email body with the email title only from Aeroplan this morning, followed by a legit email that included all the info in the email body.

Originally Posted by Aeroplan Marriott Bonvoy conversion promo
7 days only! Convert your Marriott BonvoyTM points into miles to fly sooner!Seven days only! Convert your Marriott BonvoyTM loyalty points into Aeroplan Miles between June 20‑26 and get 35% more miles! Plus, for every 60,000 points exchanged, get an extra 5,000 bonus miles from Marriott!

Act soon! Convert your Marriott BonvoyTM points into miles today and watch your miles balance soar!Converting is a great way to earn more miles and fly sooner!
And the fine print:
Originally Posted by Aeroplan Marriott Bonvoy conversion promo fine print
Bonus offer valid only on conversions received from Marriott BonvoyTM loyalty program points into Aeroplan Miles made between June 20 and June 26, 2019 (23:59 EDT). All the other hotel loyalty programs are not eligible for this bonus miles promotion.

Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: once the total Aeroplan Miles are earned by exchanging points from the Marriott BonvoyTM program during the promotion, the bonus miles that will be deposited will represent 35% of the total miles earned from the exchange. Bonus Aeroplan Miles may take up to 4 to 6 weeks to be credited after the promotional offer end date of June 26th, 2019.

While the conversion of Membership Rewards® points from American Express Card members accounts into Aeroplan Miles is still possible, it is not eligible for this bonus miles promotion.

Bonus Aeroplan Miles received from the exchange of Marriott BonvoyTM points or any other hotel loyalty program points into Aeroplan Miles are not eligible for status in the Aeroplan program. Please note that the Marriott BonvoyTM program has hotel and flight redemption packages where Aeroplan Miles are issued however these said packages are not eligible to receive conversion bonuses

Aeroplan® and the Aeroplan logo are registered trademarks of Aeroplan Inc.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:12 pm

Sweet! With both bonuses that puts the conversion rate at 1.78:1 instead of the advertised 3:1

Looks like this one isn't targeted https://www.aeroplan.com/june-conversion-campaign.do and everyone gets 35%
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Was trying to take advantage of the 35% transfer bonus promo when transferring Marriott Bonvoy > Aeroplan.

Transferred 120,000 expecting I would get 67,500 Aeroplan points.
Checked today, only received 50,000.

Is it normal for the extra points to be delayed?
Or what's the best way to address the discrepancy - contact Marriott or contact AE?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Is it normal for the extra points to be delayed?
Yes.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Or what's the best way to address the discrepancy - contact Marriott or contact AE?
Marriott is responsible for the 15K points per 60K transferred
AE is responsible for the 35% bonus.

My bonus points from Marriott were added & transferred. My bonus AE miles have not appeared yet.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yes.

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Marriott is responsible for the 15K points per 60K transferred
AE is responsible for the 35% bonus.

My bonus points from Marriott were added & transferred. My bonus AE miles have not appeared yet.

Appreciate the replies. I'm in the same situation as you then, waiting for the 35% bonus (17,500 pts) from AE.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Remove
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:18 am

My 35% bonus miles posted this morning.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:21 am

Got my 35% bonus as well, posted yesterday.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Same.

Seeing your post urged me to check my account, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.