Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2019 Spring Aeroplan Convert Hotel Points to Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Spring Aeroplan Convert Hotel Points to Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Safti
I did the transfer of 60K Bonvoy points to Aeroplan on April 11. Nothing has showed up in my AE account so far. Not even the basic points. When I look at my Marriott Bonvoy account, it shows that 60K was deducted on April 11. Should I be concerned about this?
Sounds like you're running into what was recently reported upthread... others have called AP to inquire and eventually got their transfer points deposited.
Although... don't the T&C's say something about 4 weeks or something?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:14 am

I did the transfer of 60K Bonvoy points to Aeroplan on April 11. Nothing has showed up in my AE account so far. Not even the basic points. When I look at my Marriott Bonvoy account, it shows that 60K was deducted on April 11. Should I be concerned about this?
You should ask Aeroplan. I got my basic points posted a few days after the transfer. Just haven’t seen the bonus yet. So I feel that you should at least see 25k Aeroplan Miles in your account.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I got the base points posted to AP in a couple of days...

The trouble with all this is:

1) Marriott actual T&Cs says: "In most cases, Miles will be posted to your account within one (1) week."
2) If you do transfer, after you press 'Convert" and have already committed, the email confirmation from Marriott then says "Please allow up to 6 weeks for the transfer to be completed.".

I received the first Aeroplan 35% offer email on March 25 and it expired April 22.... that is exactly 4 weeks. So the Aeroplan 35% promotion term is actually shorter than the time that Marriott has said you need to allow for the transfer.... I assume if the points show up in AP account after the deadline, you will not get any bonus.

In my case it was all good, and I expect the 35% bonus miles to show up in due course.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Thanks. I will call AP today to see if they can sort this out for me. Marriott has no idea what they are doing but I did get confirmation that they have withdrawn the points from my account.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by flybie
You should ask Aeroplan. I got my basic points posted a few days after the transfer. Just haven’t seen the bonus yet. So I feel that you should at least see 25k Aeroplan Miles in your account.
Same for me. Points were transferred within a couple days. No bonus yet.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sounds like you're running into what was recently reported upthread... others have called AP to inquire and eventually got their transfer points deposited.
Although... don't the T&C's say something about 4 weeks or something?
I was also shocked to see that long posting time after I transferred 180K Marriott Points - fortunately they appeared a couple days later posting as 60K and 15K bonus. Still waiting for the 35% bonus from Aeroplan - Will this be 35% of 60K or 35% of 75K (60+15)?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
I was also shocked to see that long posting time after I transferred 180K Marriott Points - fortunately they appeared a couple days later posting as 60K and 15K bonus. Still waiting for the 35% bonus from Aeroplan - Will this be 35% of 60K or 35% of 75K (60+15)?
Good question that I cannot answer as of yet as I have not received the 35% Aeroplan bonus yet.

I am totally expecting the 35% of ALL points transferred from Marriott. The extra 5K per 20K transferred is a Marriott thing and Aeroplan should be giving the bonus on all transferred points.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I did the Marriott-AE transfer during last fall's 35% transfer bonus, and I can confirm that the bonus is calculated based on all points transferred.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by CleverJesse
Same for me. Points were transferred within a couple days. No bonus yet.
Points transferred 10 days ago, No bonus yet! Why is AE so slow?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Twickenham
I did the Marriott-AE transfer during last fall's 35% transfer bonus, and I can confirm that the bonus is calculated based on all points transferred.
What was the lag between the base points being transferred vs the AE bonus?
Old May 15, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: UA platinum, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Still waiting for the bonus points to post, anyone has received the extra miles?
Old May 15, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by capkor
Still waiting for the bonus points to post, anyone has received the extra miles?
I have not received the bonus points yet.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:11 am

I haven't received the bonus miles yet as well.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Didn't the original promo say that the bonus points would post 4-6 weeks after the promo ended? Since it ended April 22 that figures it to be between May 20 - June 3 to get the bonus points.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:22 pm
Suspended

30% bonus miles showed up in my account today. 7500 miles per 25000 transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.