FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YEG fog - all flights grounded (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1962219-yeg-fog-all-flights-grounded.html)

YEGAccountant Mar 23, 19 11:26 am

YEG fog - all flights grounded
 
All flights out of YEG have been grounded due to fog. AC lounge is at capacity but remarkably everyone is reasonably calm. Kudos to the staff here. They are doing a great job keeping things organized despite tough conditions.

Anyone taking wagers on which will be the first flight to get out of here?

splicer100 Mar 23, 19 11:38 am

It looks like AC 241 (yeg-yvr) is a 777-300. Hopefully they will have capacity to move people later today. It looks like the fog is slowly clearing here.

nave888 Mar 23, 19 11:39 am

Just looking at flightaware, looks like a lot of diversions, including to YMM, YYC, and YLW. I can imagine this is causing huge issues, given its the first day of Spring Break for students in Edmonton...

24left Mar 23, 19 11:56 am

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...733eb5f6bc.png

CZAMFlyer Mar 23, 19 12:43 pm

Looks like the starting gun recently went off. Those who laid down bets on 1862 being the first AC flight to depart can collect at the window.


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...91e8efa78e.jpg

nave888 Mar 23, 19 2:20 pm


Originally Posted by splicer100 (Post 30920862)
It looks like AC 241 (yeg-yvr) is a 777-300. Hopefully they will have capacity to move people later today. It looks like the fog is slowly clearing here.

According to the app, AC241 (the 77W sub) is full in Y, with 54 on standby. J has 39 (19 on standby) and O has 0 (16 on standby).

Interestingly, there is AC7902, a DH3 operating the route as well. Kind of weird to see a 77W and DH3 operating the same route, the same afternoon!

splicer100 Mar 23, 19 3:35 pm


Originally Posted by nave888 (Post 30921347)
According to the app, AC241 (the 77W sub) is full in Y, with 54 on standby. J has 39 (19 on standby) and O has 0 (16 on standby).

Interestingly, there is AC7902, a DH3 operating the route as well. Kind of weird to see a 77W and DH3 operating the same route, the same afternoon!

I saw the DH3 listed as well. I see there is also a 777-200 from YYZ that came in. They must be really trying to clear the backlog as quickly as possible. We don't usually see so many wide bodies in YEG all on the same day.

Stevej42 Mar 23, 19 6:23 pm

Fog @YEG
 
sitting here on the ramp @ Vancouver waiting for the all clear....... this after arriving from NZ ..... show me the way to go home 😔😴

24left Mar 23, 19 6:40 pm


Originally Posted by Stevej42 (Post 30922003)
sitting here on the ramp @ Vancouver waiting for the all clear....... this after arriving from NZ ..... show me the way to go home 😔😴


Welcome to FT...and welcome home....almost

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5da5c6f2ff.png

Stevej42 Mar 23, 19 6:55 pm

Huh, wait one..... we are pushing back.... looks like YEG is open for business

yyz_atc_qq Mar 23, 19 7:51 pm


Originally Posted by 24left (Post 30922041)
Welcome to FT...and welcome home....almost

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5da5c6f2ff.png

but what about arrival delays? Or airborne holding?

24left Mar 23, 19 8:08 pm


Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq (Post 30922218)


but what about arrival delays? Or airborne holding?

Feel free to post that info. :D

Stevej42 Mar 23, 19 8:33 pm

Just landed ..... no further delays. Light mist at YEG... all good

now to bed!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:58 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.