FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Save The Date - YVR DO Apr 6 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1962137-save-date-yvr-do-apr-6-a.html)

WaytoomuchEurope Mar 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Save The Date - YVR DO Apr 6

I need to put thought into where - would love some input. Yes I live here but I have long since passed the "going out days"

Would love to meet people. Always sad when I miss a do.

Will post more later but wanted to put the date out there. Cheers.

canadiancow Mar 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Not convinced I want to travel that weekend, but it could work.

WaytoomuchEurope Mar 23, 2019 12:33 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30919338)
Not convinced I want to travel that weekend, but it could work.

Is there a better way to celebrate the first week of your bloated salary?

canadiancow Mar 23, 2019 12:46 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 30919468)
Is there a better way to celebrate the first week of your bloated salary?

Yeah, I still haven't popped the Dom from the headhunter.

canopus27 Mar 23, 2019 7:33 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30919487)
Yeah, I still haven't popped the Dom from the headhunter.

Champagne is legal in checked bags.

yyznomad Mar 23, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm in town that weekend for some personal matters, but can fit this one in.
I don't have a preference for venue, but I'm a bit price conscious at this time.
@24left will you be around? :p

zrh2yvr Mar 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Same as @yyznomad - Could fit something in - - in for personal travel but seem to have the day/night open so far.

Adam Smith Mar 23, 2019 3:07 pm

I'm interested. Weird Aeroplan availability that weekend though, at least YYC-YVR. I might have to *gasp* buy a revenue ticket?!

WaytoomuchEurope Mar 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30921241)
I'm in town that weekend for some personal matters, but can fit this one in.
I don't have a preference for venue, but I'm a bit price conscious at this time.
@24left will you be around? :p

I'm a few weeks shy of my wife birthing our 7th child..."price conscious" is my life motto.

WaytoomuchEurope Mar 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Well with just a few people expressing interest that's enough reason for me to change my Apr 6th flight to something earlier - presently on #123 .

Looking forward to meeting people from around here.

Adam Smith Mar 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 30922135)
Looking forward to meeting people from around here.

So far, I think all the people have indicated interest are not from YVR.

Unless by "around here" you meant "up in the air with AC" ;)

Any thoughts on venue? I'm partial to somewhere that's downtown/near Canada Line as I may just take 230 back to YYC that night to save a hotel bill, especially if we start at a decent time.

WaytoomuchEurope Mar 23, 2019 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 30922212)
So far, I think all the people have indicated interest are not from YVR.

Unless by "around here" you meant "up in the air with AC" ;)

Any thoughts on venue? I'm partial to somewhere that's downtown/near Canada Line as I may just take 230 back to YYC that night to save a hotel bill, especially if we start at a decent time.

Havent planned a venue but I would like to do Yaletown. Lots of nice spots and right on the Canada Line for all of us. I’ll have to go back to YVR myself. Folks feel free to toss some votes for venues in Yaletown.

I meant FT when I said “around here”.

Adam Smith Mar 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 30922331)
Havent planned a venue but I would like to do Yaletown. Lots of nice spots and right on the Canada Line for all of us. I’ll have to go back to YVR myself. Folks feel free to toss some votes for venues in Yaletown.

Yaletown is good for me. Anywhere that's not a seafood place and that will take a reservation for a big group should be good.

I know, just pulling your leg :)

jc94 Mar 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 30922119)
I'm a few weeks shy of my wife birthing our 7th child..."price conscious" is my life motto.

So to confirm your wife is due in a few weeks and you’re organizing a do for a date two weeks away?

You Sir are a brave man :)

yyznomad Mar 23, 2019 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 30922331)

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 30922356)
Yaletown is good for me. Anywhere that's not a seafood place and that will take a reservation for a big group should be good.

I know, just pulling your leg :)

Yaletown is fine with me. :)