Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can eUpgrades be used Upgrade Calgary to Vancouver on Basic Fare?

Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Trying to use altitude e upgrades credit to upgrade to q business class from calgary to vancouver
can I still do this from basic fare? Under the description it says basic fares are not eligible for upgrade. However, it is a t class and eupgrade sites states that t class tickets are eligible

thank you in advance
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Head on into the eup site and give it a try. You’ll just need your booking reference and last name to see if it’s eligible and if you are in the window for upgrade.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by whatthe
Trying to use altitude e upgrades credit to upgrade to q business class from calgary to vancouver
can I still do this from basic fare? Under the description it says basic fares are not eligible for upgrade. However, it is a t class and eupgrade sites states that t class tickets are eligible

thank you in advance
You cant upgrade from basic. Now that AC uses branded fares the same fare buckets are used in multiple fare families, so the fact youre on T class does not mean its upgradeable.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Have booked the Basic fares between YYC/YEG & YVR - Nope you cannot upgrade!

Basic fare is just that...BASIC.....matching Swoop and Flair air fares and the related restrictions
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
You could 'upfare' (on line change my booking, or by calling in) to a fare basis that allows you to use the eups. But for a short flight, it may not be worth the extra cost. The eupgrade website allows you to preview the eup/copay requirements according to the fare class/code. Before proceeding you could make a dummy booking to see if upgrade space exists (within the booking window).
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
You could 'upfare' (on line change my booking, or by calling in) to a fare basis that allows you to use the eups. But for a short flight, it may not be worth the extra cost. The eupgrade website allows you to preview the eup/copay requirements according to the fare class/code. Before proceeding you could make a dummy booking to see if upgrade space exists (within the booking window).
Basic does not allow for upfare. (that's the rule, but I'm sure YMMV if you get an agent who doesn't know or is too lazy to read acpedia)
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Basic does not allow for upfare. (that's the rule, but I'm sure YMMV if you get an agent who doesn't know or is too lazy to read acpedia)
This'll be the opposite of a normal HUCA situation, looking for someone who doesn't know the rules. I had several flights at the end of 2018 out of several different airports (I was doing segment runs). There were several flights where I'd need to ask the Gate Agent a question prior to boarding. It seemed that each time there was someone wanting to sneak onto the flight I was on as they were at the airport early, etc. Each time the agent took the BP, or looked up the reservation they'd see Basic and politely say that they're on a Basic fare - no changes allowed. There are lots of nuances in fare rules, but I think this basic rule (no pun intended) will be widely known by agents.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This would be a manual override then. If they try to auto-exchange the the ticket it will prevent them as the fare rules are encoded with no changes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.