Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan closed today?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Aeroplan closed today?

I've been trying to phone Aeroplan for about an hour this morning, through the regular Aeroplan number, as well as through the Super Elite number. Through the Super Elite number, it just hangs up on you, and through the regular Aeroplan number, it just rings busy. Has anyone had any luck getting through today?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Haha.

Yep, the phone lines are dead.

I tried all 5 numbers I have for Aeroplan and none answer, just hang up.

I wonder what today's excuse will be.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
I'm having trouble retrieving searches from 1-2 days ago. I hope the flights are still available.

It says the flights I previously found are not eligible for one-way, or just an error message asking me to call in- and when I do- busy.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

It's so helpful, when they don't even work 24 hours a day, that they'd spend half their day (so far) closed!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

As per their Facebook page "we are currently experiencing technical issues. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated time for resolution. We recommend you try again later and apologize for any inconvenience."

The website was also down for maintenance for several hours yesterday.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jdj84
As per their Facebook page "we are currently experiencing technical issues. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated time for resolution. We recommend you try again later and apologize for any inconvenience."

To be fair though, what better time is there for website maintenance than smack in the middle of the day?
gcashin, 24left and jc94 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
To be fair though, what better time is there for website maintenance than smack in the middle of the day?
For a travel company, it's always the middle of the day somewhere. I mean, for a good one. For AE, no timezones exist outside Canada.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by jdj84

At least facebook is working today.

Originally Posted by D404
For a travel company, it's always the middle of the day somewhere. I mean, for a good one. For AE, no timezones exist outside Canada.
And this has been an issue for me when it was working hours where I was and AE basically said we’ll open in 3 hours.

Also, don’t you mean Central Canada / Eastern Time Zone?

But I mean this will all improve come June 2020 right.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:39 pm

This morning I got a notification from ExpertFlyer that a seat I wanted opened up. Go on Aeroplan.com and sure enough site is "down for maintenance until 10am GMT". 10am GMT rolls around and site is still down....by 7am EST site is still down so I call in but can't get connected. By 7:30 still haven't gotten through and I lose the seat.

What a joke.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
To be fair to Aeroplan, people are on the phone with them right now for flights 4 months out, not on the MAX, trying to get rebooked.

There is peak expected load, and there is everyone with a flight in the next 14 months calling them load.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:05 pm

The phone congestion is understandable (although not acceptable in my opinion), however the issue of a website that is down 25% of the time AND down when the call centre is closed is unacceptable. There is no other website I can think of across any industry that has even close to as much down time.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by bcnfish
The phone congestion is understandable (although not acceptable in my opinion), however the issue of a website that is down 25% of the time AND down when the call centre is closed is unacceptable. There is no other website I can think of across any industry that has even close to as much down time.
Canada Revenue My Account is down for 3 hours a day.
Manulife's Group Benefit site is down significantly more. Hours are:
  • 5:30AM – 12:30AM (Monday – Friday)
  • 5:30AM – 8:00PM (Saturday)
  • 8:00AM – 10:00PM (Sunday)
Aeroplan isn't the only transactional site that doesn't have 24/7 availability by design.
But being down for "maintenance" is the default splash page and it's likely what's happening today is not planned maintenance but something else.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cedric
Canada Revenue My Account is down for 3 hours a day.
Manulife's Group Benefit site is down significantly more. Hours are:

Aeroplan isn't the only transactional site that doesn't have 24/7 availability by design.
But being down for "maintenance" is the default splash page and it's likely what's happening today is not planned maintenance but something else.
But none of that is acceptable.

I've worked on systems that only went down if there was a huge error (I recall about 10 minutes of downtime in the 2.5 years I worked there), systems that have had a lot of work put in to ensure minimal downtime (lots of maintenance can be done live), and other systems that have an hour scheduled every week in the middle of the night (for most customers) between Saturday and Sunday.

And I thought the latter there was unacceptable.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:22 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Haha.

Yep, the phone lines are dead.

I tried all 5 numbers I have for Aeroplan and none answer, just hang up.

I wonder what today's excuse will be.
Training for 2020.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
"nine fives"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.