Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Eurowings and Air Dolomiti - Lounge access E50K and higher

Old Mar 21, 19, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE

Just noticed this tidbit from the Altitude Report:

Starting March 1, add even more comfort to your travels when you fly on Eurowings or Air Dolomiti. Air Canada Altitude Super Elite® 100K members flying in Economy Class will now be able to relax and recharge with access to Lufthansa Senator or Business Lounges along with one guest who is travelling on the same flight. Simply present your boarding pass and Air Canada Altitude card to the agents at eligible lounge entrances.
Old Mar 21, 19, 8:12 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Gold Elite, IHG Gold
It's about time. Thanks for posting this.
Old Mar 21, 19, 9:24 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
FINALLY!

Eurowings is like a disease and it's rather disgraceful that LH chose to not offer *G benefits on the vast majority of its intra-European flight which are now operated by its 100% owned subsidiary.

But great to see AC and LH negotiating a deal.
24left and WaytoomuchEurope like this.
Old Mar 21, 19, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
Do Star Gold baggage rules also apply?
Old Mar 21, 19, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Another example of requiring your SE card... since LH will have no other way to verify that you're SE with AC. All they see is *G at most in their systems.
Old Mar 21, 19, 11:26 am

Programs: AC SE
Finally.
Old Mar 21, 19, 2:02 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Another example of requiring your SE card... since LH will have no other way to verify that you're SE with AC. All they see is *G at most in their systems.
It’s not only super elite though, the newsletter is just formatted to the recipient—— Seems to be any star alliance gold.

“Starting March 1, add even more comfort to your travels when you fly on Eurowings or Air Dolomiti. Air Canada Altitude Elite® 50K members flying in Economy Class will now be able to relax and recharge with access to Lufthansa Senator or Business Lounges along with one guest who is travelling on the same flight. Simply present your boarding pass and Air Canada Altitude card to the agents at eligible lounge entrances.”

Of course they still want the card
Old Mar 21, 19, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by lallied View Post
It’s not only super elite though, the newsletter is just formatted to the recipient—— Seems to be any star alliance gold.

“Starting March 1, add even more comfort to your travels when you fly on Eurowings or Air Dolomiti. Air Canada Altitude Elite® 50K members flying in Economy Class will now be able to relax and recharge with access to Lufthansa Senator or Business Lounges along with one guest who is travelling on the same flight. Simply present your boarding pass and Air Canada Altitude card to the agents at eligible lounge entrances.”

Sweet.
Old Mar 21, 19, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC S100K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Eurowings is like a disease and it's rather disgraceful that LH chose to not offer *G benefits on the vast majority of its intra-European flight which are now operated by its 100% owned subsidiary.

But great to see AC and LH negotiating a deal.
From the LH lounge access site for Eurowings flights, it looks like UA and NH also have similar agreements (not updated for AC yet)

Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH). This is irrespective of the fare they have booked.
https://www.lufthansa.com/ru/en/lounge-types-and-access
Old Mar 21, 19, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by yvr76 View Post
From the LH lounge access site for Eurowings flights, it looks like UA and NH also have similar agreements (not updated for AC yet)
That's correct - and UA and NH have had those agreement with LH for at least 1-2 years (possibly longer)
Old Mar 21, 19, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Sigh.

Can a mod update the title of the thread?
Old Mar 22, 19, 9:32 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca View Post

Sigh.

No need to sigh. It’s true that the title is correct but I in error responded to YYZ nomads post referring to SE. I didn’t read down to the OPs post and was on a cell. People make mistakes sometimes and it seemed more likely to be ignored, and not worth the effort of having people fiddle around and delete it. Aka In terms of world peace and Brexit I thought it was not worth making a fuss about it

(I never learn with FT do I :-)
Old Mar 22, 19, 9:35 am
Original Poster

No need to sigh. It’s true that the title is correct but I in error responded to YYZ nomads post referring to SE. I didn’t read down to the OPs post and was on a cell. People make mistakes sometimes and it seemed more likely to be ignored, and not worth the effort of having people fiddle around and delete it. Aka In terms of world peace and Brexit I thought it was not worth making a fuss about it

(I never learn with FT do I :-)
LoL - not a sigh at you... it was more directed towards Air Canada... Should have sent a generic like E50K and up have access. I see the mods have updated the title to reflect the correct information.

Either way, this is good news. I don't have to avoid Eurowings now!
lallied likes this.
Old Mar 22, 19, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca View Post
Sigh.

So as not to sidetrack the discussion, members are reminded that to bring specific post or thread concerns to moderator attention the "Report a Post" red exclamation mark icon is in the lower left of every post.

tcook052
AC forum moderator
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 22, 19, 11:10 am

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by The Lev View Post
Do Star Gold baggage rules also apply?
yes, flew Y then PE on EW LHR/DUS/BKK 10 days ago. The EW contract agent at LHR biz desk didn’t know about this so had to call the supervisor about whether I could get Fastrack, LH lounge access, etc

worked out, only minor delay, and I must say EW PE puts AC to shame, seats recline in just the right way for my body type I suppose, and I slept 6 hrs without waking