Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Eurowings and Air Dolomiti - Lounge access E50K and higher

Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE

Just noticed this tidbit from the Altitude Report:

Starting March 1, add even more comfort to your travels when you fly on Eurowings or Air Dolomiti. Air Canada Altitude Super Elite® 100K members flying in Economy Class will now be able to relax and recharge with access to Lufthansa Senator or Business Lounges along with one guest who is travelling on the same flight. Simply present your boarding pass and Air Canada Altitude card to the agents at eligible lounge entrances.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
It's about time. Thanks for posting this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
FINALLY! ^

Eurowings is like a disease and it's rather disgraceful that LH chose to not offer *G benefits on the vast majority of its intra-European flight which are now operated by its 100% owned subsidiary.

But great to see AC and LH negotiating a deal. ^
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Do Star Gold baggage rules also apply?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Another example of requiring your SE card... since LH will have no other way to verify that you're SE with AC. All they see is *G at most in their systems.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AC E75K
Finally.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Another example of requiring your SE card... since LH will have no other way to verify that you're SE with AC. All they see is *G at most in their systems.
It’s not only super elite though, the newsletter is just formatted to the recipient—— Seems to be any star alliance gold.

“Starting March 1, add even more comfort to your travels when you fly on Eurowings or Air Dolomiti. Air Canada Altitude Elite® 50K members flying in Economy Class will now be able to relax and recharge with access to Lufthansa Senator or Business Lounges along with one guest who is travelling on the same flight. Simply present your boarding pass and Air Canada Altitude card to the agents at eligible lounge entrances.”

Of course they still want the card
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lallied
It’s not only super elite though, the newsletter is just formatted to the recipient—— Seems to be any star alliance gold.

“Starting March 1, add even more comfort to your travels when you fly on Eurowings or Air Dolomiti. Air Canada Altitude Elite® 50K members flying in Economy Class will now be able to relax and recharge with access to Lufthansa Senator or Business Lounges along with one guest who is travelling on the same flight. Simply present your boarding pass and Air Canada Altitude card to the agents at eligible lounge entrances.”

Sweet. ^
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Eurowings is like a disease and it's rather disgraceful that LH chose to not offer *G benefits on the vast majority of its intra-European flight which are now operated by its 100% owned subsidiary.

But great to see AC and LH negotiating a deal. ^
From the LH lounge access site for Eurowings flights, it looks like UA and NH also have similar agreements (not updated for AC yet)

Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH). This is irrespective of the fare they have booked.
https://www.lufthansa.com/ru/en/lounge-types-and-access
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yvr76
From the LH lounge access site for Eurowings flights, it looks like UA and NH also have similar agreements (not updated for AC yet)
That's correct - and UA and NH have had those agreement with LH for at least 1-2 years (possibly longer)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Sigh.

Can a mod update the title of the thread?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca

Sigh.

No need to sigh. It’s true that the title is correct but I in error responded to YYZ nomads post referring to SE. I didn’t read down to the OPs post and was on a cell. People make mistakes sometimes and it seemed more likely to be ignored, and not worth the effort of having people fiddle around and delete it. Aka In terms of world peace and Brexit I thought it was not worth making a fuss about it

(I never learn with FT do I :-)
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:35 am
Original Poster

No need to sigh. It’s true that the title is correct but I in error responded to YYZ nomads post referring to SE. I didn’t read down to the OPs post and was on a cell. People make mistakes sometimes and it seemed more likely to be ignored, and not worth the effort of having people fiddle around and delete it. Aka In terms of world peace and Brexit I thought it was not worth making a fuss about it

(I never learn with FT do I :-)
LoL - not a sigh at you... it was more directed towards Air Canada... Should have sent a generic like E50K and up have access. I see the mods have updated the title to reflect the correct information.

Either way, this is good news. I don't have to avoid Eurowings now!
lallied likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Sigh.

So as not to sidetrack the discussion, members are reminded that to bring specific post or thread concerns to moderator attention the "Report a Post" red exclamation mark icon is in the lower left of every post.

tcook052
AC forum moderator
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 24, 2020 at 5:33 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.