Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Eurowings and Air Dolomiti - Lounge access E50K and higher

Eurowings and Air Dolomiti - Lounge access E50K and higher

Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: AC*E, BA, KL
I'm in Hamburg right now and the lounge agent point blank refused me access to the lounge initially. I told her about this change and showed her my Altitude newsletter which was in French which she couldn't read. She then called two colleagues and finally gave me access when she scanned my card and boarding pass and the green light came on. I've flying EW and using the lounge for two months and this is the first time I've had an issue. The main problem is LH hasn't updated their website to include AC so I couldn't show her an official source. The irony of all of this is that I was in this exact lounge two weeks ago with no issue.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
LH/AC agreement not as far-reaching as LH/UA agreement

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
FINALLY! ^

Eurowings is like a disease and it's rather disgraceful that LH chose to not offer *G benefits on the vast majority of its intra-European flight which are now operated by its 100% owned subsidiary.

But great to see AC and LH negotiating a deal. ^

UA intercontinental business class passengers can go into LH arrivals (welcome) lounge. Not yet AC passengers coming in business class.
I believe - correct me if i am wrong - that the UA upgrade instruments can work on LH as well as on UA?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
UA intercontinental business class passengers can go into LH arrivals (welcome) lounge. Not yet AC passengers coming in business class.
I believe - correct me if i am wrong - that the UA upgrade instruments can work on LH as well as on UA?
You are correct on both counts, but both of those things are separate from the lounge access on EW flights matter.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jun 22, 2019 at 4:48 pm
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: AC*E, BA, KL
Another day another problem at the Senator lounge. I'm currently in Duesseldorf where the lounge agents, who were a dictionary definition of rude, initially refused to give me access. I showed them the email from AC Altitude, that didn't work. I asked them to scan my card and boarding pass, they refused. So, I just scanned and swiped myself and they seemed surprised when the green light came on saying 'access allowed'. They insisted on photocopying my boarding pass and altitude card and were going to raise it with station management on Monday. We've had access since March this year, surely lounge agents should be aware of this now
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by bafsan
Another day another problem at the Senator lounge. I'm currently in Duesseldorf where the lounge agents, who were a dictionary definition of rude, initially refused to give me access. I showed them the email from AC Altitude, that didn't work. I asked them to scan my card and boarding pass, they refused. So, I just scanned and swiped myself and they seemed surprised when the green light came on saying 'access allowed'. They insisted on photocopying my boarding pass and altitude card and were going to raise it with station management on Monday. We've had access since March this year, surely lounge agents should be aware of this now
This is why *A airlines like AC and LH need to be more like TK and SK et al in having self-serve automatic gates so it takes out any BS or ambiguity. Of course, still have lounge agents at the front available to take care of anything manual/customer service requests/etc.

oh, and your description of the LH agents doesn't surprise me. I actually LH agents are worse than AC in some ways. I know I can't say that because it is an anti-SJW generalization, but you get the gist.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:35 am

Thumbs up This worked at CGN

This worked for me this morning on Eurowings flight at CGN. On Smart fare. Showed my E75K card, boarding pass (no status mentioned there, but I had put in my Aeroplan number during booking).
I would have had no idea about this without this thread (missed the email from AC I suppose). Online none of the airlines seem to mention it, all that came up was this thread. Big thanks to everyone!
Aselwyn likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
this thread mentions Eurowings and Air Dolomiti but has anyone tried for 50K plus on Eurowings Discover? i would expect it to also work any reports? also are the fares "Basic" or "Smart" since LH's own elite only get access with a "Smart" fare according to the EW site
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I’m 50K. Works at HAM for an Eurowings flight. I showed the actual card and was directed to SEN lounge.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mediator
I’m 50K. Works at HAM for an Eurowings flight. I showed the actual card and was directed to SEN lounge.
were you on a "basic" or "smart" fare?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aselwyn
were you on a "basic" or "smart" fare?
I was on Smart fare.
Aselwyn likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.