Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flight Cancelled- Business class changed to Premium Rouge

Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50, NEXUS

My Toronto - Winnipeg flight AC265 was cancelled. I had a business class seat and my boarding pass reflected that. The replacement flight is AC1997 and my boarding pass now says Premium Rouge. Did I get a little screwed?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: TK *G
On North America flights premium rouge is considered as business class.
canadiancow and 5mm like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Futura
My Toronto - Winnipeg flight AC265 was cancelled. I had a business class seat and my boarding pass reflected that. The replacement flight is AC1997 and my boarding pass now says Premium Rouge. Did I get a little screwed?
No. You got rouged.

Domestically, there is no difference between mainline business class and Premium rouge, except for maybe the meal service. The seats are basically the same, but no seatback screen on the rouge plane.

Premium Rouge meals are served all at once on the tray, whereas AC domestic premium long hauls have a more elaborate meal service (hot entree served after salad plates cleared), along with cookies and ice cream for dessert. Check the north american catering thread to see if YYZ - YWG is a PLH.

Doesn't seem like AC265 was a PLH, so the meal service will be the same, whether rouge or mainline.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AC 25k
yes and no.. mainstream calls business class while rouge calls premium rouge. thinking you have purchased banana republic belt and show up marked as gap belt even it's the same belt lol, both works...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

great information all - thank you!

Sounds like I got a little RougeScrewed then - if there is no seat back screen? I like to watch a movie. That being said, I get to my destination.- albeit late.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
great information all - thank you!

Sounds like I got a little RougeScrewed then - if there is no seat back screen? I like to watch a movie. That being said, I get to my destination.- albeit late.
You'll get an iPad (or similar).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
You'll get an iPad (or similar).
to keep?! Sweet!
This is turning out really well then
Plumber, Bohemian1 and agjil like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: TK *G
to keep?! Sweet!
not to keep, obviously, lol
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
to keep?! Sweet!
LOL---

I find the iPad has the most current movies loaded on it....more current than many of the IFEs on mainline.
meagicano likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by Plumber
LOL---

I find the iPad has the most current movies loaded on it....more current than many of the IFEs on mainline.
I find this too. In fact, I think the iPad is better than the older IFE. The only downside is they collect them just before landing so you cannot keep watching till you get to the gate.
Plumber likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
No. You got rouged.

Domestically, there is no difference between mainline business class and Premium rouge, except for maybe the meal service. The seats are basically the same, but no seatback screen on the rouge plane.

Premium Rouge meals are served all at once on the tray, whereas AC domestic premium long hauls have a more elaborate meal service (hot entree served after salad plates cleared), along with cookies and ice cream for dessert. Check the north american catering thread to see if YYZ - YWG is a PLH.

Doesn't seem like AC265 was a PLH, so the meal service will be the same, whether rouge or mainline.
Actually on YYZ-YWG the meal service is essentially the same. Only premium trans-con routes (YVR/YYC/YEG-YYZ/YUL) have a separate main course. Every other route is now the main served on the same tray as the dessert and salad. You could argue that the only thing different between domestic mainline business class on a narrow body and domestic on rouge is the setback screen, so they are basically interchangeable.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
No. You got rouged. ...…..
I have always referred to it as scRouged
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I didn't mind AC Rouge on YVR-LAS recently. Pretty much no difference to United First.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by dr_torch
I find this too. In fact, I think the iPad is better than the older IFE. The only downside is they collect them just before landing so you cannot keep watching till you get to the gate.
This. On the provided iPads you get both the streaming entertainment (which is what you could also access on your own device and mirrors much of what would be regular IFE) and the preloaded movies - which are MUCH better (and not available if you use your own device).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by dr_torch
About 30 mins before landing, this didn’t make me happy. But content was okay (not huge mind) and much more functional than many of the older planes IFE. If you end up flying circles and driving around the airport can be a little annoying.

Rouge crews tend to be younger and this can be good or bad - service wise etc. Not that AC Mainline has consistent service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.