FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Flight Cancelled- Business class changed to Premium Rouge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1961779-flight-cancelled-business-class-changed-premium-rouge.html)

Futura Mar 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Flight Cancelled- Business class changed to Premium Rouge

My Toronto - Winnipeg flight AC265 was cancelled. I had a business class seat and my boarding pass reflected that. The replacement flight is AC1997 and my boarding pass now says Premium Rouge. Did I get a little screwed?

songsc Mar 20, 2019 12:16 pm

On North America flights premium rouge is considered as business class.

Jebby_ca Mar 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Futura (Post 30909875)
My Toronto - Winnipeg flight AC265 was cancelled. I had a business class seat and my boarding pass reflected that. The replacement flight is AC1997 and my boarding pass now says Premium Rouge. Did I get a little screwed?

No. You got rouged. :D

Domestically, there is no difference between mainline business class and Premium rouge, except for maybe the meal service. The seats are basically the same, but no seatback screen on the rouge plane.

Premium Rouge meals are served all at once on the tray, whereas AC domestic premium long hauls have a more elaborate meal service (hot entree served after salad plates cleared), along with cookies and ice cream for dessert. Check the north american catering thread to see if YYZ - YWG is a PLH.

Doesn't seem like AC265 was a PLH, so the meal service will be the same, whether rouge or mainline.

versace991 Mar 20, 2019 12:17 pm

yes and no.. mainstream calls business class while rouge calls premium rouge. thinking you have purchased banana republic belt and show up marked as gap belt even it's the same belt lol, both works...

Futura Mar 20, 2019 12:22 pm

great information all - thank you!

Sounds like I got a little RougeScrewed then - if there is no seat back screen? I like to watch a movie. That being said, I get to my destination.- albeit late.

yyznomad Mar 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Futura (Post 30909922)
great information all - thank you!

Sounds like I got a little RougeScrewed then - if there is no seat back screen? I like to watch a movie. That being said, I get to my destination.- albeit late.

You'll get an iPad (or similar).

Futura Mar 20, 2019 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30909928)
You'll get an iPad (or similar).

to keep?! Sweet!
This is turning out really well then ;)

songsc Mar 20, 2019 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Futura (Post 30909935)
to keep?! Sweet!

not to keep, obviously, lol

Plumber Mar 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Futura (Post 30909935)
to keep?! Sweet!

LOL---

I find the iPad has the most current movies loaded on it....more current than many of the IFEs on mainline.

dr_torch Mar 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Plumber (Post 30910017)
LOL---

I find the iPad has the most current movies loaded on it....more current than many of the IFEs on mainline.

I find this too. In fact, I think the iPad is better than the older IFE. The only downside is they collect them just before landing so you cannot keep watching till you get to the gate.

EdmFlyBoi Mar 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 30909895)
No. You got rouged. :D

Domestically, there is no difference between mainline business class and Premium rouge, except for maybe the meal service. The seats are basically the same, but no seatback screen on the rouge plane.

Premium Rouge meals are served all at once on the tray, whereas AC domestic premium long hauls have a more elaborate meal service (hot entree served after salad plates cleared), along with cookies and ice cream for dessert. Check the north american catering thread to see if YYZ - YWG is a PLH.

Doesn't seem like AC265 was a PLH, so the meal service will be the same, whether rouge or mainline.

Actually on YYZ-YWG the meal service is essentially the same. Only premium trans-con routes (YVR/YYC/YEG-YYZ/YUL) have a separate main course. Every other route is now the main served on the same tray as the dessert and salad. You could argue that the only thing different between domestic mainline business class on a narrow body and domestic on rouge is the setback screen, so they are basically interchangeable.

acysb87 Mar 20, 2019 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 30909895)
No. You got rouged. :D...…..

I have always referred to it as scRouged ;)

skywalkerLAX Mar 20, 2019 3:28 pm

I didn't mind AC Rouge on YVR-LAS recently. Pretty much no difference to United First.

MaxFlying Mar 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by dr_torch (Post 30910126)
I find this too. In fact, I think the iPad is better than the older IFE. The only downside is they collect them just before landing so you cannot keep watching till you get to the gate.

This. On the provided iPads you get both the streaming entertainment (which is what you could also access on your own device and mirrors much of what would be regular IFE) and the preloaded movies - which are MUCH better (and not available if you use your own device).

jc94 Mar 20, 2019 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by dr_torch (Post 30910126)

About 30 mins before landing, this didn’t make me happy. But content was okay (not huge mind) and much more functional than many of the older planes IFE. If you end up flying circles and driving around the airport can be a little annoying.

Rouge crews tend to be younger and this can be good or bad - service wise etc. Not that AC Mainline has consistent service.