Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Web self service option gone after call to reservations centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

Was trying to change a booking online and was using web self-service just fine. Saw one option that looked reasonable, but wasn't perfect, but the price was great for the change.

Wanted to see if AC could do better through the reservations centre.

Rang the reservations centre and they gave me a few options, one that matched what I absolutely wanted, but was way overpriced. Said no thank you and DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Went back to the reservation. Now I can't use the self-service change flights option (greyed out.) Says the flight was changed. Doesn't look changed to me.

Question for those who may have experienced this... does the self-serve option ever come back? Or do I need to call them now since they've touched it?

Massive regret as should've just gone with the reasonable one if I can't....

Thanks for any insight,
l.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by lowdown
Was trying to change a booking online and was using web self-service just fine. Saw one option that looked reasonable, but wasn't perfect, but the price was great for the change.

Wanted to see if AC could do better through the reservations centre.

Rang the reservations centre and they gave me a few options, one that matched what I absolutely wanted, but was way overpriced. Said no thank you and DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Went back to the reservation. Now I can't use the self-service change flights option (greyed out.) Says the flight was changed. Doesn't look changed to me.

Question for those who may have experienced this... does the self-serve option ever come back? Or do I need to call them now since they've touched it?

Massive regret as should've just gone with the reasonable one if I can't....

Thanks for any insight,
l.
Frustrating!
Sometimes the system 'holds' the (web or phoned in) inquiry for 20 minutes (or so) to allow sufficient time for the transaction to complete, and so if there is limited availability, it may not be again available until it times out. Have you tried again?
Or it could simply be that someone else booked the last available seat at the low fare while you were trying to sort it out.
Also prices yo-yo widely and I've abandoned a potential booking, only to have it reappear a few days later at a lower price, so don't give up.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Thanks so much! This is exactly what the (yes, I've spent four hours on the phone tonight!) second agent told me happened - there was a hold with the proposed previous change, and since the system's apparently sluggish with all the 737MAX changes coming along, that's just how the cookie crumbles. I've told them my new plans, hopefully it prices out the same in the centre...

l.

Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Frustrating!
Sometimes the system 'holds' the (web or phoned in) inquiry for 20 minutes (or so) to allow sufficient time for the transaction to complete, and so if there is limited availability, it may not be again available until it times out. Have you tried again?
Or it could simply be that someone else booked the last available seat at the low fare while you were trying to sort it out.
Also prices yo-yo widely and I've abandoned a potential booking, only to have it reappear a few days later at a lower price, so don't give up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.