Wiki Posts
Search

INOP IFE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*50K MM
INOP IFE

Have a flight this afternoon and just received an email with a link below. First time I've received one of these, but I guess adds to the pile of issues I've had the last 12 months. Mostly with broken and INOP seats in J, so this just adds to the experience I guess. LOL. Anyone else ever received one of these emails?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...t/ife2000.html
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jmottle
Have a flight this afternoon and just received an email with a link below. First time I've received one of these, but I guess adds to the pile of issues I've had the last 12 months. Mostly with broken and INOP seats in J, so this just adds to the experience I guess. LOL. Anyone else ever received one of these emails?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...t/ife2000.html
Proactive versus reactive?

By advising customers in advance, it is possible they remove their liability of someone boarding, finding their IFE isn't working and asking for the "white form". Responsibility to entertain oneself is now on the pax and not AC.
jmottle and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
The fact they have a static webpage about this entitled ife2000 is somewhat depressing albeit not overly surprising. At least they let you know before the flight though.
jmottle likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I have. Can't recall where it was from/to.
(I took it as a moot point since most operational IFE English-language content to date has had no English subtitles/captions so it is not accessible to me anyway.)
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had one of those in 2013 on LAX-YVR.

It came late enough (middle of the night for the first departure of the day) that I doubt anyone was able to do anything useful to prepare themselves.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I seem to recall seeing that once. Unfortunately they did not give me one for my J seat that had INOP IFE on Wednesday from YYZ-ZRH. Once again no white form offered by SD.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I've gotten the link too, but it was for a YHZ-YUL flight, so I did not do anything or bother looking for a discount code. I was more annoyed there was enough turbulence that they did not get to dispensing the snack.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I received one a couple of years ago. I went to the MLL and downloaded a couple of movies from Netflix. They gave me a compensation card when I was on the flight.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:40 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by The Lev
I seem to recall seeing that once. Unfortunately they did not give me one for my J seat that had INOP IFE on Wednesday from YYZ-ZRH. Once again no white form offered by SD.
Non-functional IFE, non-functional seats, it makes me wonder how little of their much advertised "end-to-end premium travel experience" AC feels they can provide without any form of compensation, proactive or otherwise.

Maybe we should all just reconsider AC as a low-cost carrier since that seems to be their focus. At least in J.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Mar 17, 2019 at 12:40 pm Reason: Less sarcasm.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Non-functional IFE, non-functional seats, it makes me wonder how little of their much advertised "end-to-end premium travel experience" AC feels they can provide without any form of compensation, proactive or otherwise.

Maybe we should all just reconsider AC as a low-cost carrier since that seems to be their focus. At least in J.
So AC Y is more like ULCC then?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:51 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Low cost (for them) but high price (for us). At least sometimes.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Just received the email for AC 216 that departs within the hour.

The whole plane has no IFE? Odd.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*50K MM
That’s because you’re on the same plane! Lol. I was AC 217 in the opposite direction. The whole plane was indeed down. Thankfully a short flight.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I have. Can't recall where it was from/to.
(I took it as a moot point since most operational IFE English-language content to date has had no English subtitles/captions so it is not accessible to me anyway.)
Foreign movies do, and they are often arguably better...
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
If the IFE isn't working, what else isn't working that we don't know about? MCAS?
D582 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.