Wiki Posts
Search

Should I believe EF or Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Should I believe EF or Air Canada

So I have an Aeroplan booking coming up for a route that is normally serviced by a 78M. When I booked the flight for the day of our flight the route is serviced by an A320. Expert Flyer and the AC website still shows the equipment as an A320.

Last night I noticed that on EF the flight is listed as cancelled. AC has stated that the flight is still scheduled according to their website and their agents. The Aeroplan rep stated that the flight was being cancelled and offered me a replacement flight that was definitely inferior (arriving the next day) even though EF shows positive space on earlier flights; however, AC would have to be the one to award those seats since they were not in his inventory (they do have Y available but he cannot book them for some reason).

I called AC to see what they can do and the agent insisted the flight is still scheduled, we have confirmed seats etc. and that they will simply be replacing that aircraft with another one. He could not see it was cancelled.

So who would you believe, AC or EF? Should I just bite the bullet and take the flight available from Aeroplan? Aeroplan has still not informed me of a cancellation.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like different moments in time... and in a rather fluid situation. You might want to call Aeroplan again. BTW when AC cancels, they are supposed to be able to open seats on flights with no Aeroplan availability. So either the agent was making this up, or there was something else going on. Which may have evolved since.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:45 am

I had no problem in getting my wife moved from a YYC-YEG-YYZ business award with YEG-YYZ on 737 to a direct YYC-YYZ on 763. Agent said as long as flight wasn't oversold she could just open a seat and immediately did so. TIcket showed Z.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
I had no problem in getting my wife moved from a YYC-YEG-YYZ business award with YEG-YYZ on 737 to a direct YYC-YYZ on 763. Agent said as long as flight wasn't oversold she could just open a seat and immediately did so. TIcket showed Z.
Was that the Aeroplan agent or AC? We have X class (there are several of us) so I suspect they don't want to give Y or J space away.

EF is now showing no availability on the later flight that Aeroplan offered earlier.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
how far ahead is the flight? If more than a few days, I would wait a bit.
5mm likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by YEGAccountant
Was that the Aeroplan agent or AC? We have X class (there are several of us) so I suspect they don't want to give Y or J space away.

EF is now showing no availability on the later flight that Aeroplan offered earlier.
Aeroplan agent. I called with the flight I wanted moved to, she checked it wasn't oversold (it wasn't) and wife was confirmed in 30 seconds in J.
ffsim and Dolphin2 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.