FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC 9105 cancelled March 16 from Frankfurt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1961139-ac-9105-cancelled-march-16-frankfurt.html)

leisurefly Mar 16, 2019 9:33 am

AC 9105 cancelled March 16 from Frankfurt

A couple of questions;

Was booked on AC codeshare flight 9105 (LH 470) as part of a second leg on return home with a P(J) fare on March 16, 2018

Arrived in Frankfurt to find flight cancelled. LH now has me routed March 17 on LH900 to LHR, then AC 857 to YYZ.

Original ticket was all 014 but rerouted tickets are LH issued 220 . How can I clean up the Altitude and Areoplan mess to get credit?

Got hotel voucher from LH, how do I go about getting EU compensation (600 EU) for cancelled delayed flight. (Which Airline?)

Does anyone know why AC9105 (LH470) was cancelled.

Thanks in advance

Stranger Mar 16, 2019 10:17 am

If the actual flight you are on is operated by AC, you'll get the miles and the AQD, with the latter likely based upon the fare LH purchased, i.e. likely more than you paid. EU compensation: with LH. Probably not a bad deal alltogether.

leisurefly Mar 16, 2019 10:37 am

Original flight was AC 9105, operated by LH (LH 470)

Replacement flight day later is two steps LH 900 and AC 857 but boarding passes show LH 220 ticket number.

Still curious why Original flight was cancelled

nibixi Mar 16, 2019 10:38 am

At the Lufthansa service desk there is a pamphlet about the passenger rights. On this you'll find the e-mail you have to send your claim to, along with important info like name and ticket number. Two weeks ago my flight from MUC to YUL was delayed 21 hours. Within a week, I was paid by Lufthansa.

Good travels back to Toronto.

Adam Smith Mar 16, 2019 10:46 am

EF doesn't say anything about why, just "FLIGHT CANCELLED".

Regardless of the fact you bought a codeshare, LH is the operating carrier and owes you your EU261 compensation.

As for credit for Aeroplan miles etc, as long as your Aeroplan number is attached, you'll get miles. Depending on the fare class, it may be more or fewer. If it's fewer, you can write in to request "original routing credit" to make you whole for anything you lost. Same with AQD.

leisurefly Mar 16, 2019 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Monocycliste (Post 30894331)
At the Lufthansa service desk there is a pamphlet about the passenger rights. On this you'll find the e-mail you have to send your claim to, along with important info like name and ticket number. Two weeks ago my flight from MUC to YUL was delayed 21 hours. Within a week, I was paid by Lufthansa.

Good travels back to Toronto.

very helpful, I will grab brochure on way out in morning

leisurefly Mar 16, 2019 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 30894354)
EF doesn't say anything about why, just "FLIGHT CANCELLED".

Regardless of the fact you bought a codeshare, LH is the operating carrier and owes you your EU261 compensation.

As for credit for Aeroplan miles etc, as long as your Aeroplan number is attached, you'll get miles. Depending on the fare class, it may be more or fewer. If it's fewer, you can write in to request "original routing credit" to make you whole for anything you lost. Same with AQD.

I know, I have an EF subscription, suspect mechanical issues

leisurefly Mar 16, 2019 10:58 am

As for credit for Aeroplan miles etc, as long as your Aeroplan number is attached, you'll get miles. Depending on the fare class, it may be more or fewer. If it's fewer, you can write in to request "original routing credit" to make you whole for anything you lost. Same with AQD.[/QUOTE]

Also helpful, original was (P) on LH490 replacement is C from LH 900 FRA to LHR, and J on AC 857.

I have dig out that darn Aerplan chart....

Stranger Mar 16, 2019 11:02 am

Originally Posted by leisurefly (Post 30894388)

Also helpful, original was (P) on LH490 replacement is C from LH 900 FRA to LHR, and J on AC 857.

I have dig out that darn Aerplan chart....[/QUOTE]
for AC, P, C and J are all 150%. However te AQD will likely be quite a bit more for the J fare. For intra-Europe LH, P is 50%, C must be at least 100% and J, more. The AE charts will tell, but in any event, a short flight so little difference. (You might even end up with both the AQDs for your original route plus the rebooked one.)

Adam Smith Mar 16, 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by leisurefly (Post 30894388)

You're going to earn more miles from this.

FRA-YYZ LH P credits 100%, 3,941 AQM.

​​​​​​FRA-LHR LH C credits 150%, 406 x 1.5 = 609 AQM
LHR-YYZ AC J credits 150%, 3,546 x 1.5 = 5,319 AQM
Total 5,928 AQM

leisurefly Mar 16, 2019 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 30894403)

for AC, P, C and J are all 150%. However te AQD will likely be quite a bit more for the J fare. For intra-Europe LH, P is 50%, C must be at least 100% and J, more. The AE charts will tell, but in any event, a short flight so little difference. (You might even end up with both the AQDs for your original route plus the rebooked one.)
[/QUOTE]
I dont need to worry too much about AQD,
I will likely not reach higher than P25 this year, and booked flights so far place me above 6k AQD.
It's the miles I need to credit.
I would not have been able to get the replacement flights I did without having EF to show the route home. EU 261 just paid for that subscription.

Hence my user name leisurefly, just slightly above FOTSG....

Adam Smith Mar 16, 2019 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 30894403)
However te AQD will likely be quite a bit more for the J fare. For intra-Europe LH, P is 50%, C must be at least 100% and J, more. The AE charts will tell, but in any event, a short flight so little difference. (You might even end up with both the AQDs for your original route plus the rebooked one.)

IRROPs re-bookings shouldn't change AQD. When they do, it's a glitch.

In OP's case, with the return flight being switched from 014 to 220, it's a bit different and it might well credit AQD on the AC leg. And that AQD may be more than the original. But there's no chance of getting double AQD. If the AQD credited for AC LHR-YYZ is more than for the original FRA-YYZ, OP should take the win and be quiet about it, lest AC go back and reduce the AQD to what would have been earned on the original ticket. If the AQD is less than the original, OP should write in for ORC and they should bump it up.

leisurefly Mar 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Thanks for all the insight , will monitor and hopefully get home tomorrow

Often1 Mar 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Your EC 261/2004 claim for delay compensation is made to the operating carrier of the flight causing the cancellation or delay. That is LH and LH is solely responsible. This applies however OP is ticketed and however he is rerouted.

The best time to do some digging as to the reason for the cancellation is at the departure airport. Ask staff. Typically they are not defensive about answering and sometimes may provide information you will not be able to dig up later.

leisurefly Mar 24, 2019 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 30894453)
IRROPs re-bookings shouldn't change AQD. When they do, it's a glitch.

So far glitch as possibly predicted 👍. AQM and AQD have finally posted.