Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Luggage protocol at YYZ for CDN connection to INTL on AC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage protocol at YYZ for CDN connection to INTL on AC?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by a4racer
Not worried about the bags at all...and it looks like YYZ-CDG is now at 955pm, so the connection time is now a healthy (hahaha) 65m...we should be okay, thanks for the comfort though! I figure that, if the YYC-YYZ flight is not delayed (and there shouldn't be de-icing required at YYC at 3pm on Saturday), we should be good...
Still not really any time for them to visit the nicer lounge and leave you in the cold though.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasdou
Just minor corrections to this, since this is FT and we like being precise and exact!

The BP-checking person on the overhead bridge has been replaced by automated gates with boarding pass scanners. There are now 5-6 gates so it is actually quicker than before, especially when non-frequent flyers get confused or have misplaced their BP. They also no longer stamp BPs.
Good to know and the preciseness and exactness is appreciated.
jasdou and canadiancow like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-E50K / WS-P / Hyatt-G
Just minor corrections to this, since this is FT and we like being precise and exact!

The BP-checking person on the overhead bridge has been replaced by automated gates with boarding pass scanners. There are now 5-6 gates so it is actually quicker than before, especially when non-frequent flyers get confused or have misplaced their BP. They also no longer stamp BPs.
That is helpful, thanks!

Hey, who is more reliable? Flightaware or AC.com?

Flightaware has updated AC146 tomorrow (March 16) back to the original time of 1345 and on the original 767, whereas AC.com still has it with a 788, and delayed until 15:05.

FA actually was first to tip me off to the upgauge (and tighter connection in YYZ) to 1505 on the 788, but FA has now gone back to the 767 at 1330...which should I believe?

Last edited by a4racer; Mar 15, 2019 at 9:47 pm Reason: accuracy
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:50 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
That is helpful, thanks!

Hey, who is more reliable? Flightaware or AC.com?

Flightaware has updated AC146 tomorrow (March 16) back to the original time of 1345 and on the original 767, whereas AC.com still has it with a 788, and delayed until 15:05.

FA actually was first to tip me off to the upgauge (and tighter connection in YYZ) to 1505 on the 788, but FA has now gone back to the 767 at 1330...which should I believe?
Trust no one!

But seriously, I would go with AC. They still have a delay posted to whatever EF is feeding from, and the detailed comments are "RMKS/OPERATIONAL CONSTRAINT ON 737-17 CNXS TO AC846"
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

well...

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Trust no one!

But seriously, I would go with AC. They still have a delay posted to whatever EF is feeding from, and the detailed comments are "RMKS/OPERATIONAL CONSTRAINT ON 737-17 CNXS TO AC846"
Here's the update.

Finally checked us all in (about 8h ago), so we're all checked in with boarding passes.

Now, less than 12h before we fly, I get two emails from AC moving my wife to a set of flights on the 17th (instead of the 16th) and me to another set of flights on the 17th (from the 16th)...but no change to our daughter's flight. So basically, they have our minor daughter flying separately to Paris, a day earlier than either one of her parents. My wife and daughter are paid J. I'm PE, upgraded to J with e-upgrades. I'm happy to defer my upgrades and fly PE if we can all go together!!

I'm on hold with AC altitude line, but I'm pretty upset now...any hints wise FTers?

Last edited by a4racer; Mar 15, 2019 at 10:42 pm Reason: refining details...
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: AC SE
Here's the update.

Finally checked us all in (about 8h ago), so we're all checked in with boarding passes.

Now, less than 12h before we fly, I get two emails from AC moving my wife to a set of flights on the 17th (instead of the 16th) and me to another set of flights on the 17th (from the 16th)...but no change to our daughter's flight. So basically, they have our minor daughter flying separately to Paris, a day earlier than either one of her parents. My wife and daughter are paid J. I'm PE, upgraded to J with e-upgrades. I'm happy to defer my upgrades and fly PE if we can all go together!!

I'm on hold with AC altitude line, but I'm pretty upset now...any hints wise FTers?
I am guessing you are no longer on hold 6 hours later... or maybe you are?? What was the outcome?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Morning update...

I am guessing you are no longer on hold 6 hours later... or maybe you are?? What was the outcome?
Resolved, but somewhat strangely. I was on the Altitude help line for about 1h, then saw the FT post about the "flying within 72h special hotline", so I dialled that on my cellphone. Got connected on that line within 10m!

At the end of the call (2+ hours) we are all three of us moved back a day, from the 16th (today) to the 17th, arriving on the 18th. At least we are all flying together, and luckily, all in J cabin (mix of D, Z, C booking classes). Help line was very helpful, my agent was very nice and worked hard to get all three of us together and in the pointy end of the cabin, in which my wife and daughter were originally booked, and in which I was confirmed upgraded, so kudos to him on that point!

I never did get a clear answer as to why we were bumped to begin with though--there was some comment about flight 146 (YYC-YYZ on the 16th) being cancelled, resulting in a rebooking situation, but I see that AC146 is still running--when we originally booked it, it was a 763, then it was a 788 (we checked in, and printed BPs when it was up gauged to the 788). Now, it is showing as a 333. Perhaps when the consolidated a number of flights to the 788, we were still "good" but when they down gauged to the 333 we got bumped? I do understand that finding J space for three people would be difficult. For now, we are just hoping that our new itinerary tomorrow (the 17th) goes smoothly.

If things go well, the 5h layover in YYZ will be spent, at least in some degree, trying out the new Signature Suite! (or trying to get in, hahaha).

Thanks all for your input and assistance. FTers to the rescue, once again.
jasdou, canadiancow and Dolphin2 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.