Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Contacting AC - not accepting calls

Contacting AC - not accepting calls

Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Except they don't.

I have not been offered the option for months.
I have, but I must be wrong since you haven’t.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
That is exactly what I meant.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

I have as well but only at times when I can actually get through and in the queue. When you get the recording, as has been the norm lately, that they are too busy and to just call back another time, you don’t get the call back option. That was my point - if the lines are too busy to add me to the queue, at least offer me the call back option, even it it will be a couple of hours. Not giving me any possible way at all to contact them short of driving out to the airport is ridiculous.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by torcellano
I needed to call AC this morning and used the Elite 50K number. Got the message saying calls might take up to an hour, so was pleasantly surprised when it was picked up in about 5 seconds. That said, my call was about something that should have been easily done on the website (e-upgrade cleared but couldn't book seat).
Still sitting on hold to the Super Elite "priority" reservations number - 18 minutes and waiting...

EDIT: Eventually answered after 25 minutes

Last edited by Geoflying; Mar 16, 2019 at 2:40 pm
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LT PE, NEXUS/GE
I've been on hold for over 15 minutes and counting hoping to speak to the SE desk.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
They already have a call back option.

Explain further please. When you call in, you have an option wherein AC will call you back at some point, so your actual time listening to the wonderful AC theme song is minimal if not zero?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
If so few people manage to actually access the callback feature that we have to debate if it's even real, then for all intents and purposes, it is not real.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
I'm pretty sure the AC call back feature (if it does indeed exist), isn't available when you get the lovely message from Michael Trembley.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
March 20. All my MAX flights into May have now been rescheduled. Amazingly, the rescheduled flights are all convenient for me, and even my eUpgrades have been carried over to the new flights!

HOWEVER... there was a schedule change that affected one of my non-MAX flights, and it is hugely inconvenient. My only option to address it is to call the (E35K) line. 25 minutes on hold and counting...

EDIT: final hold time was 48 minutes.

Last edited by Mauricio23; Mar 20, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by D404
If so few people manage to actually access the callback feature that we have to debate if it's even real, then for all intents and purposes, it is not real.
Not according to the AC defenders on this thread.

As an aside, one lucky aircraft in this grounding mess is that YYC-CUN-YYC is now operating with a mainline 767 with pods, at least on Saturdays from what I can tell.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Not according to the AC defenders on this thread.

As an aside, one lucky aircraft in this grounding mess is that YYC-CUN-YYC is now operating with a mainline 767 with pods, at least on Saturdays from what I can tell.
And YVR-HNL is now a 787 with lie flats!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
I actually ran into the same problem the OP faced.

But then when I was able to hold, the wait was about 35 minutes... now a lowly E75. Sure miss being SE!
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I no longer have status with Aeroplan and just called them. 18 months into the pandemic, I still get the recorded message that due to the "extremely high call volume", they are unable to even place my call on hold. So sorry.

Mind-boggling.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.