Search

Q about connecting in BNE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Q about connecting in BNE

Hi all,

Flying to BNE from YVR on AC. International connection BNE to AKL on Virgin (same PNR, in fact AC codeshare). Which formalities do I need to do in BNE? Will my bag be checked through?

Thanks,

Run&Fly
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by run&fly
Hi all,

Flying to BNE from YVR on AC. International connection BNE to AKL on Virgin (same PNR, in fact AC codeshare). Which formalities do I need to do in BNE? Will my bag be checked through?

Thanks,

Run&Fly
I flew AC 35 to BNE and connected on SQ to SIN. Concierge took me to transfer security and then I went to the NZ lounge for a bit before going to the gate for SQ.

Others here should have an answer about bags.

Happy travels.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Bag will be checked through, just need to re-clear security in the international terminal

https://www.virginaustralia.com/cn/en/experience/airline-partners/air-canada/

Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by run&fly
On 1 PNR bags would expect bags to be interlined and you should be able to stay airside.
BNE is a small airport
https://www.bne.com.au/
https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/pas...etween-flights
Transiting between international flights is simple, you don’t even need to leave the International Terminal. When exiting your aircraft, follow the ‘International Transit/Transfer Passenger signs’ and make your way to the Level 3 ‘Departures Area’ for your next flight.

We recommend you check with your airline about whether your luggage will transfer directly, as every flight is different.
Airport info BRISBANE (BNE) - amenities, transfers, transport Needs a wiki and update
Airport info Auckland (AKL) - amenities, transfers, transport Needs a wiki and update

As you are transiting Australia airside you should check if you need a visa. Will depend on your passport, etc. Only a few passports need a visa.
If you formally enter Australia, for say an overnight, would you need a visa depending on your passport etc..

Australia immigration (incl ETA visa) & customs
Smartgate at Australia & NZ immigration Click to open the wiki
24left likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Thanks for responding guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.